|Job Ref:||204702531||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kingston Upon Hull||Address:||Post Code:||HU2||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:59|
Smith & Nephew is a diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. We have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
* Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
* Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
* Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
* Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have 14,000 employees around the world.
Annual sales in 2015 were more than $4.6 billion.
We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100.
A mechanical biased facilities technician working on a two shift rota supporting a busy manufacturing, research and head office facility.
What will the role entail?
* Steam and condensate systems and pipework.
* Heating and ventilation systems
* Rotating equipment, fans, motors, pumps .
* Building management system and basic IT systems
* Compressed air and refrigeration equipment
* Chilled and treated water systems and their pipework including sprinklers
Process & procedures
* Management of contractors , safe systems of work & permits to work
Health & Safety
* Act as the Permit signatory for Contractor Control. Control work activities of Facilities team and others through effective risk assessment.
* To fulfil the health, safety and environmental obligations and functions of the role and responsibilities section of the HSE management system and local policies.
* As a part of the Facilities team provide expertise on a 24-hour reactive basis on engineering matters and solutions to the site.
* Ensure all preventative maintenance work is carried out in a timely and safe manner.
* To ensure improved equipment efficiency through timely delivery of improvement projects whilst demonstrating excellent interfacing skills.
* Provide maintenance activities, both planned and reactive, for the factory essential services and infrastructure (Electricity, Gas, Steam, Water, HVAC, Compressed air) and ensure continued regulatory compliance.
* Use key IT systems i.e. BMS 'Trend' in order to ensure that manufacturing is undisrupted by HVAC control problems and the CMMS system to provide a compliant, auditable and documented preventative maintenance trail.
* To perform all activities in compliance with relevant GMP and Quality system standards and specifically with FDA Quality System standards and EN46000. Collection of data and information to demonstrate compliance.
* Ensure planned improvement activities are completed in a timely and effective manner
* To ensure allocated improvement projects are completed within agreed budgeted guidelines.
Apart from a 'can do' and positive attitude, we are also seeking the following skills/experience:
* ONC level qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline with levels of multi-skilling in an engineering position within a manufacturing industry.
* Apprenticeship background is highly desirable.
* Strong health and safety and environmental awareness.
* Knowledge of the regulatory requirements required for the manufacture of sterile medical devices is highly desirable.
* Effective IT skills (experience with TREND and CMMS systems and reporting would be advantageous).
You must also be willing to operate on a rotating shift basis per the following working hours:
Smith & Nephew is committed to helping people regain their lives by repairing and healing the human body. We believe that this can only be achieved by establishing mutually beneficial relationships with all of our stakeholders including patients, healthcare professionals, investors and employees. If you share our passion for innovation we would love to hear from you. A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch if you can demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined