|Job Ref:||204702294||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Tamworth||Address:||Post Code:||B79||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:31|
Job Description |
Reporting to the Manufacturing & Production Engineering Manager, you will provide day to day production engineering support to the Alcon production system to deliver finished product to the required Quality, Cost & Delivery.
• Creating production CNC programs & proving out
• Support the Manufacturing & Production Engineering Manager in delivering smooth & effective support to the manufacturing business
• Specifying designs for fixtures & tooling for in house or subcontract manufacture
• Promotes a "Visual Management" method of communication with the Team and others
• Communicates by "exception" risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning
• Deals with constraints or secures support/assistance of the Manu. & Prod. Engineer Manager.
• Identify ways to reduce costs
• Identifying project costs and agreeing control limits with Manufacturing & Production Engineering Manager
• Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers in order to optimise designs for machining (DFM)
• Analysis of and solutions to problems relating to the machining process (eg, identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions)
• Generating process documentation and maintaining it (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts & Process docs e.g. Layout etc)
• Train and organise production staff during process hand over to production
• Support project meetings in order to convey and ensure the adherence of DFM as applies to the manufacturing facility
• Participates and supports continuous improvement teams and other working groups
• Understands, fully complies and supports the Quality, Health Safety & Environmental Management Systems (TS16949, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001)
• Ensure clear identification of scrap, reject & sample materials and actively participates in the CAR procedure
• Experience of working with CAD & CAM packages. Ideally Solidworks / SolidCam / EdgeCAM / HyperMILL
• Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post graduate Manufacturing/production Engineering experience, gained within a low to medium volume high quality CNC machining environment.
• Have a background in jig & fixture design, including build & prove out.
• Ability to produce CNC programs and then prove them off including initial inspection of the manufactured components.
• Experience of CNC machining of complex surfaces on lathes including sub spindle and live tooling, VMC's, HMC's and ideally 5-axis machines
• Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy