|Job Ref:||204702290||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Ebbsfleet||Address:||Post Code:||CT12||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:56|
Control & Instrumentation Engineer|
Permanent Vacancy Available
Our client is a leading refiner of lead and lead alloys and precious metals and is looking for a motivated Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to join their team in North Kent.
We are currently looking for an experienced engineer who is methodical, self-motivated and enjoys a challenge. The successful candidate will manage the implementation of C&I capital projects and continuous improvements to ensure the company remains a world leader in their field whilst ensuring compliance to the relevant standards and legislation. Knowledge of both process and machine safety is highly desirable as the site in Northfleet has tier 1 COMAH status (Control of Major Accident Hazards). The site is currently investing heavily for the future and part of this strategy includes the overhaul, modernisation and expansion of the controls and automation systems. The systems on site span not only the fundamental refining processes but also water treatment and by-products management. A good degree of variety is anticipated in the role.
Technical Requirements -
• Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in Controls & Instrumentation Engineering or a similar discipline. It would also be beneficial if you are a member of a relevant professional organisation.
• Heavy industrial or manufacturing environment experience (in a similar role).
• Thorough knowledge of automation systems: PLC's, HMIs, SCADA, automation networks, and Instrumentation as well as the relevant standards for machine/process safety (e.g. BS EN 61511 & 62061 / EN ISO 13849-1).
• Experience managing C&I projects from conception to completion, to schedule and within budget.
• Technical management of supplier scopes of work to be delivered on larger projects including; defining work scopes and documentation requirements for tenders, review/approval of supplier documentation, Factory/Site Acceptance Testing, supervision of installation & commissioning.
• Offer consultation and guidance to colleagues of a non-C&I background that may be managing projects with a C&I content.
• Competence in programming of automation systems (preferably Allen Bradley/Rockwell).
• Demonstrable experience in completing projects in line with all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Working within the Quality and Performance related corporate framework.
• Understand the process of risk reduction through design and have the ability to carry out the relevant risk assessments.
• Capable of diagnosing complex faults on new and legacy equipment.
• Knowledge of DSEAR/ATEX requirements for Hazardous Area locations would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of cyber security implementation at the plant automation level would be beneficial.
• Working knowledge of AC Drives, the IEE Wiring Regulations and LV distribution equipment would be beneficial.
• Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office & MS Project or other project management software.
Personal Attributes -
• Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite of the role as is the ability to network and build relationships.
• The role will require working with and achieving buy-in from various levels of the organisation and with a wide variety of customers and suppliers.
• Strong organisational skills as you may be managing or consulting on numerous projects simultaneously.
• Although this is mainly an autonomous role, experience of managing a small team as well as on-site contractors will be required.
• Comfortable dealing with both the strategic requirements for the site and at the detailed level.
• Must be comfortable functioning both in the office environment and out on site
• Training both internal and external will be provided however an ability to self-educate to bridge knowledge gaps and mentor others is required.
• Ability to work at height and in confined spaces if required.
• To work for this company you must possess valid documentation to confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
• A friendly, team focused working environment
• Flexible start finish (within core hours and project dependent)
• Defined Contribution Pension, Life Insurance, Private Medical
• 25 days holidays a year, plus Bank Holidays
• Site and Personal Bonus scheme
• Social Club
• In walkable distance from Ebbsfleet International railway station
If you feel you possess the skills and experience to succeed in this role then please send us your CV and a short covering letter explaining why you are suitable and what you can bring to the role, highlighting relevant experience.
AGENCIES - Thanks but we do not require assistance with this role