|Job Ref:||204701839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Flexible working and benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:56|
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment (Part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group) are delighted to be working as an exclusively retained partner to a specialist Sheffield based engineering business within who supply to sectors including Oil and Gas as they look to recruit an experienced Production Engineer with experience of milling.
The company operate from state of the art premises that are easily accessible from the M1 and public transport routes.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will also work closely with Production Supervisors and Operators in what is a close knit team.
The role will involve:
* Generating estimates of cost information for Sales Department to satisfy enquiries.
* Inputting routing information in to the ERP system.
* Contract review of new Sales orders, in conjunction with the Team of Engineers and Production Supervisors.
* Liaising with other Depts.; Sales, Technical, Quality and Production to ensure accurate and clear instructions for Production Operatives during manufacture.
* Ordering materials and services from suppliers, including sub-contract machining.
* Assisting with drawings, created models and enabling quotes via Solidworks
* Involved in and sometimes leading continuous improvement initiatives
* Assist with all functions in the office as necessary, i.e. cover for holidays/absence
The person will be responsible for:
* Timely& accurate generation of quoting information to enable Sales to provide a professional service to customers.
* Integral part of production meetings.
* Assist with performance measurement of Engineering Production in terms of both quality and time taken to produce parts.
* Involvement in initiatives to make improvements, though use of Lean and Continuous Improvement teams and meetings.
To be considered for this role the company are looking for someone:
* Ideally apprentice trained
* CNC capable and with experience of milling
* Knowledge/experience of the Oil and Gas industry would be preferential
The business is a market leader and innovative in their field, and can offer a defined path for career progression and benefits including flexible working hours.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment