|Job Ref:||204701761||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:31|
A senior, high profile role encompassing both the strategic development and hands-on operational management of specified accounts. To effectively and proactively manage existing customers delivering profitable growth, increase market share increase customer base, develop business opportunities in complementary services delivery streams. Driving operational improvement to ensure first class relationships and the delivery of exceptional customer service levels are achieved at all times. To identify and support the development of business opportunities and the maintenance / continuation of long term relationships. Develop and deliver our service models in line with our strategic organisational objectives.
* Ensure the effective management and execution of company policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and Quality Assurance in the delivery of service contracts.
* Continually look for innovative ways in which to develop the service delivery which will add benefit to our customers.
* Seek continuous improvement on the delivery of the service to the customer, which includes:
* - Continuous achievement of contract and business objectives and targets
* - Man management and motivation
* - Health, Safety and Environmental
* - Financial performance of contract
* - Client liaison and satisfaction
* - Evaluation of workloads against manpower requirements
* - Training needs of the company contract engineering team
* Ensure the relevant supervision levels are maintained and that the necessary levels are empowered to make decisions to ensure prompt solutions for both our business and our customers.
* Work closely with the contract Operational managers / supervisors to ensure they have a clear understanding of the direction they require the service to be delivered to meet there changing environment and insure that the company's delivery is aligned accordingly
* Reporting of the financial status (Contract Valuations) to the Director of Operations ensuring all areas of the contract are delivering to the agreed budgets.
* Set and manage firm financial and delivery targets for the contract team operational managers to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of the financial status to the Director of Operations.
* To engender a team ethos with all the site staff to ensure the whole team is working harmoniously and delivering to a common high standard.
* Arrange and chair team briefs/meetings/workshops (to be formally recorded) involving the contract management team to ensure all staff is kept well informed of contract performance.
* Carry out staff appraisals for the contract managers / supervisors who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
* Production and maintenance of a site succession plan ensuring all training and development requirements to maintain the plan are implemented
* Liaison and control of project management/supervision, to confirm that they are complying with the Company's policies and procedures, which include but are not limited to Health & Safety/Quality Assurance /British Standards and UK codes of practice, and company commercial processes.
* To ensure all contract specific local procedures are implemented these will include emergency and escalation processes, as necessary in the delivery of the service.
* Produce monthly reports for the Client and Director of Operations in the agreed format
* To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested by company senior management
* Experience in a similar management position
* HND/ HNC or equivalent in engineering or managerial discipline
* Providing Direction & Communication - creates a clear understanding of what needs to be achieved
* Obtaining Results Through People - supports, challenges and develops others so that they can give their best and deliver against expectations
* Drive For Excellence - manages activities to ensure high standards are achieved in all areas
* Team working - manages the team to maximise their contributions and effectiveness, influencing personal commitments
* Planning, Organising & Executing - plans ahead, organises and schedules activities and resources, monitoring the execution against timescales and plans
* Commercial/ Financial Awareness - understands and applies commercial and financial principals, viewing issues in terms of costs, profits/ returns, budget control, working capital, markets and added value
* Risk Management - effectively manages risks and ensures that the interests of the business, others and self are protected * Customer Awareness - effectively manages relationships in the supply chain, responsive to the needs of the customer, aims to deliver customer satisfaction
* Clean driving licence
* Formal Management Qualification
* Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent
* Chartered Engineer