|Job Ref:||204701754||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:15|
A challenging Radio Telecommunications Design Opportunity for an International company"|
The Lead Engineer (LE) is responsible for undertaking system design, system cost estimation, pre-sales engineering support, installation, commissioning, training and maintenance of PMR and DMR systems and projects deployments throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East, South America and Asia Pacific regions.
The duties of the Lead Engineer will include roles such as; customer training, equipment build, system documentation, Functional Design Specification (FDS), Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Training (SAT), installation, commissioning and supervision.
Principle Accountabilities and Objectives:
• Providing overall principle system design for large complex PMR projects and solutions.
• Providing technical assistance and product education.
• Provide support for technical bid submissions as and when required.
• Provide project drawings and technical documentation for the internal and external delivery of projects.
• Supervise and execute systems integration and testing activities including the technical management of factory and site acceptance testing.
• Perform site works for the survey, installation, commissioning and upgrade of customer infrastructure radio systems.
• Regularly report project related activities and contribute to risk analysis for bids and projects.
• Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required.
• Arranging and carrying out product training.
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a solution meets client needs.
• Liaising with other members of the sales, finance, R&D and technical teams and other technical experts.
• Helping in the design of custom-made products and driving the roadmap alongside product.
• Produce, manage and maintain tailored documentation including P&L's in response to request for pre qualifications, proposals, quotations and tenders, using approved processes and support from the Bid Department.
• Must also establish & maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments including Projects, Systems, Development, Procurement, Marketing, Customer Services, Finance, etc.
• Ability to understand the customers' business, the market place they operate within, their products & services key markets, customers & competitors.
• Must establish business drivers & initiatives and understand the customer's critical success factors.
• Ability to build virtual teams of resource within the company to deliver clearly set customer expectations. Act as the customer's advocate achieving mutually profitable relationships between our organisations.
• Comply with company & local standards, procedures & protocols with specific responsibility for performance. Including the accurate updating and maintenance of the company.
• Relationship Management Database.
• Promote the highest levels of customer service and technical excellence internally and externally at all times.
Core Competency - Skills/Knowledge/Qualifications:
• A minimum of 10 years' experience operating within the telecommunications Sector.
• Experience of Conventional, MPT1327, DMR, Tetra and P25 technologies or GSM.
• Experience of RF propagation tools and methodology.
• Experience of IP protocols such as TCP/IP and Multicast
• Degree in Engineering Discipline.
• Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises.
• Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
• Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
• Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation.
• Capable of working independently and having responsibility as an individual.
• Must have good presentation skills and be self-assured in contact with customers and suppliers from all disciplines and to board level.
• Trustworthy and honest.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Full Clean Driving licence essential.
• Able to respond to and deal with complex and business critical decisions in a structured and timely manner.
• Must be UK resident and eligible to work in the UK.
For more information and to be considered for the role please send us your CV or give us a call