|Job Ref:||204701710||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:59|
Red chilli recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our client, a large production company in the Southampton area|
Responsible to: Engineering Manager
• The engineer will respond to any equipment breakdown during the shift. This covers all plant and equipment on site of a mechanical and also electronic / electrical nature
• The engineer will carry out daily, weekly, and monthly planned maintenance as scheduled by the Frontline PPM system. This will include electrical as well as mechanical work.
• The engineer will maintain the integrity of the Front Line purchasing system and enter parts requests as required.
• The engineer will be responsible for the calibration of equipment
• The engineer will carry out mechanical installation of new plant and equipment and install/replace components as necessary.
• The engineer will use mechanical drawings and equipment documentation to diagnose faults. They will be proactive in acquiring the skills necessary to fulfil the role and keep up to date with the latest technologies.
• The engineer will be expected to liaise with the production staff and have a good understanding of how equipment operates. They should maintain a positive attitude whilst working under pressure to resolve faults and repair breakdowns.
• A reasonable level of fitness is required to carry out the duties of the mechanical engineer.
The work will also be of an electrical nature.
The work involves lifting and mechanical handling at times in a confined space.
The position may involve travel throughout sites in Hampshire & Dorset (operating areas and other locations) for meetings, training and technical courses as required.
Mechanical Engineer with a BTEC HNC or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years practical experience in Mechanical maintenance or manufacturing
Experience in a production environment
Ideally a qualification (ie HNC) in Electronics / Electrical (control systems, plcs etc)
£35808 per annum
Shift rota - days, lates, nights