|Job Ref:||204701675||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£28000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:15|
An extremely well respected and strongly established multi-disciplinary firm, with a diverse workload of schemes in the £1million to £15million scale, have a vacancy in a project delivery role delivering Structural Engineering designs and managing the production of information for clients.|
Work would be undertaken under the direction of a Structural Director and depending on experience, management of junior engineers may be required. The right candidate will have experience of design in all materials, to take a positive lead in delivering a wide range of interesting, varied regional projects.
The role would suit an experienced (3-8 years) technical engineer with ambitions to progress their career to an Associate level. Full support will be provided to achieve their potential within a supportive and friendly environment. Experience of undertaking structural surveys would be an advantage.
(A part-time role would be considered for the right candidate.)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Providing detailed technical input and ensuring quality of work output on projects requiring Detailed Structural Engineering Design.
- Report writing.
- To be involved in business development with a focus on the quality and interest of new business.
- Managing projects autonomously.
- To liaise with the client to agree the project specification, the timescale, the fee and the terms of engagement.
- To ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget and that all project-related fees and disbursements are accurately recorded and expediently recovered.
Candidates should meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Expertise in a range of relevant analytical software packages.
- Recent experience of detailed design for a variety of Structural Projects.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of more junior staff and sub-consultants.
- Ability to prepare fee proposals and project manage a commission from start to finish;
- Ability to liaise directly with client and with other consultants/suppliers.
- Ability to market the company's expertise and extend the client base.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to lead project-related discussions.
- Ability to use experience from other projects.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and to promoting the reputation of the company.
- Commitment to continuous professional development.
- In possession of, or working towards Chartership of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
The successful candidate the following package:
- A wide variety of project work, and an interesting workload.
- Significant opportunities within a growing company.
- A competitive salary
- Pension contributions
- High quality mentoring from experienced colleagues, and assistance in delivering workload from able, conscientious junior staff