|Job Ref:||204701441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£29000 - £38000/annum pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Role: Civil/Infrastructure/Transportation Engineer|
Salary: £28k - £38k DOE
Due to growth and expansion a vacancy has arisen for an engineer with civil design experience to join the Infrastructure team in Solihull, Birmingham.
Our client are an engineering consultancy who work in the civil engineering sector, this site works predominantly with highways and transportation.
You will be responsible for delivering technical support to the development of residential infrastructure projects. Working as part of a team within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects, you will undertake scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination.
You will be expected to work in a design office environment but could also play an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting. Good communication and effective liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities are key attributes.
* Candidates with a BEng or similar technical qualification/experience, and/or an HNC/HND with relevant knowledge gained in a design office environment or housing developers..
* An ability to design Section 104, 278 and 38 highway adoption projects.
* Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, WinDES and PDS (or equivalent design software such as Civils 3D or MXROAD).
* Experience of applying highway standards and with a knowledge of signs and road marking, drainage and pavement design.
* Experience preparing drainage strategies on greenfield and brownfield schemes.
* Working knowledge of earthwork analysis calculations on residential schemes and operations.
For more information or to apply please contact Nick on or call NA