|Job Ref:||204698525||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ashton-Under-Lyne||Address:||Post Code:||OL6||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
Product Design Engineer (Mechanical Design)|
Engineering / Manufacturing
Ashton Under Lyne
£30,000 to £40,000+ Benefits
DCS Recruitment is currently working with a company who manufacture a range of LED products for a variety of sectors. The company design and develop their full range of products and due to continued growth they are now searching for an experience Product Design Engineer.
We are searching for a self-motivated, 'hands on' Product Design Engineer to design the mechanical arrangements for LED lighting products. The successful Product Design Engineer will work alongside sales, electrical / electronic engineering and manufacturing to research, design, qualify and introduce products and systems into production. The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that is able to work around technical obstacles and will be adept at implementing practical solutions.
* To design products which are reliable, innovative and easy to assemble.
* To produce 3D & 2D models and drawings.
* To produce detailed Bills of Materials for products.
* To produce supporting documentation including assembly and test instructions.
* To liaise with sales, electrical designers and production staff to ensure that all product / engineering requirements are considered.
* To maintain existing product design and documentation when changes are required.
The Person Specification
The successful Product Design Engineer will be able to demonstrate the following attributes;
* 3D & 2D modelling/drawing.
* Structuring of BOM's to reflect build sequences.
* Entry of part numbers and descriptions.
* Able to write assembly and test instructions for production use.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products.
* Some knowledge of lighting products would be an advantage.
* A basic understanding of electrical/electronic components and circuits.
To apply for this position please send your updated CV via the link attached to this advert