|Job Ref:||204698468||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£300 - £400/day||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:56|
Design Assurance - Quality Assurance Checker|
My client is a leading nuclear power utility and one of Europe's largest energy companies, working to develop and build the UK's newest fleet of low carbon nuclear power plants. At the height of construction over 5000 people will be involved in this state of the art project.
The role in this specification is that of Quality Assurance Checker to ensure appropriate document control is applied against these overall expectations.
As Quality Assurance Checker you will be responsible for:
- Producing a work instruction detailing the steps to be taken for a quality check
- Performing minor corrections if possible e.g. some meta data adjustment, upload of a comment sheet, adjustment of a clearly closed comment status - possibly by using an instruction to the Document Control Team. Resolution of bigger issues is not expected - particularly around the auditable trail. Any such issues should be directed back to the Topic Leads.
- Keeping a record of the numbers of documents checked, acceptable, fixed and rejected back to topic lead etc. This needs to be in a format useful to the DA Teams, as performance and corrective actions need to be monitored and attributable to Team Leaders
- Working effectively and maintaining strong relationships with other parts of the clients, the Responsible Designer, and other Engineering entities
- Supporting coordination from external organisations
Candidates for the position of Quality Assurance Checker should have approximately 2 years of experience in QA management activities and of using Documentum.
To apply please send an up to date CV call (Apply online only) for more information.
This is a contract position with an initial duration of 10 months with the possibility of an extension.
Salary from £300/Day dependent on experience