|Job Ref:||204698309||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Scotland||Address:||Post Code:||EH2||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||20/10/2016 02:14|
Project Manager JOB DESCRIPTION|
Our client is a UK leader in delivering Power Cable Installation & Civil Engineering Infrastructure, and is currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to achieve daily site KPI targets as agreed with Director and maximise work areas in accordance with prescribed Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures to achieve profitable returns which also meet customer requirements. You will be based in Moray but may be required to travel to other company locations to meet the needs of the business and/or project.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Control costs and pro-actively manage project profitability
• Ultimate responsibility for development and delivery of agreed project specification, programme and budget
• Responsible for Health and Safety for the project, ensuring policy is understood by staff, and any incidents, accidents and near misses are recorded appropriately
• Demonstrable experience of civil engineering infrastructure environment inc. earthworks, roads & sewers, material take-offs; heavy plant management & ensuring site teams are fully resourced.
• Demonstrable application of acquired knowledge in construction methods & practice including commercial and contractual outputs.
• A proven track record of delivering exemplary health, safety & environmental performance achieved through compliance with safe systems of work for all activities with a good understanding of all SHEQ requirements.
• Control & performance management of all resources inc. sub-contractors with the ability to schedule work to maximise productivity, optimising asset usage across a project
• Programme management of all operations to achieve agreed targets inc. production, zero accidents & incidents, compliance with IMS and visitors to site
• Management of site meetings as required with maximum contribution to decision taking
• Achieve budget financial targets and ensure CVR inputs are on time & accurate including cost to complete production
• Ensure all site health & safety requirements are briefed to all staff
• Self-organisation to ensure prioritisation of targets and tasks agreed with PD.
• Daily liaison with customer representatives to ensure customer satisfaction with project KPIs within your section.
• Ensure all team issues with regard to attendance, performance, capability, discipline & grievance are handled effectively and timeously.
• Ensuring all staff are fully trained in the work they are undertaking
• All other duties as may be assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:-
• CSCS Card
• First Aid at Work
• Degree in relevant discipline
• Valid UK driving licence
• Demonstrable experience of civil engineering infrastructure projects
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
• IT literacy and ability to use most standard Microsoft packages.
• Effective leadership and team building skills
If you are interested in this role and have the experience and Qualifications required by our client then please send us your CV for consideration