|Job Ref:||204697932||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hounslow||Address:||Post Code:||TW3||Salary:||£320 - £350/day||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:32|
My client, a Baggage Handling Systems Integrator, are looking for a Technical Project Manager to work on multiple projects at UK Airports. |
The Technical PM will lead a team of controls engineers managing the building of PLC code from concept through to completion.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
* Co-ordinating, supervising and, where required, undertaking the required engineering work.
* Providing the day to day supervision and management of engineering and design staff assigned to the project team, ensuring the activities are completed on time within budget, and at the required levels of quality.
* Regularly monitoring and accurately reporting the progress of all assigned engineering and design work, including the provision of accurate "Estimates to Complete".
* Regularly taking part in project review meetings with the Project Manager and with the Engineering management team.
* Liaise with the client and suppliers, as agreed with the Project Manager.
* Liaise with the installation and commissioning teams.
* Assisting the Team Leader with the development of staff, including SQEP reviews, performance feedback and contributing to PDPs.
* Participating in audits when required and ensuring any resulting corrective actions are implemented.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience
* A minimum of a degree in an engineering or computer science related discipline
* Experience of producing software for Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs and latest generation processors.
* Experience of producing software for PLC based control systems.
* Experience of commissioning PLC based control systems at customer sites.
* Have worked with ProfiBus and AS-I networks, and associated devices.
* Experience of leading teams of control system engineers.
* The ability to plan and organise multiple workload requirements
* capable of leading a team of skilled engineers, providing technical guidance, project support, reporting, personal guidance and support.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this position, please send your CV or call Lewis on (Apply online only)