|Job Ref:||204697899||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Coleshill||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:32|
Role: Assembly Department Team Leader|
Salary: Negotibale + Benefits
* Provide hands-on support to the Assembly Operatives across all sections of the Department and assist the Assembly Department Manager in the effective management and operation of the Department and associated component stores. Assist with the identification of continuous improvement activities and the supervision of staff.
* Ensure all staff work efficiently and productively, by monitoring performance against standard times, ensuring daily targets are achieved, standard work practices are adhered to and the effective operation of single piece work flow is maintained.
* Ensure staff are able to transition from one job to the next without delay or nonvalue added activity; ensure work (the next job) is always available before the 'current Job' is completed
* Work with department manager to establish standard times (SMVs) for new products when they are introduce including implementing processes to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Department.
* Coordinate the activity of the W.I.P stores team to ensure adequate on-time supplies of component parts for the Assembly Team to assemble/bag in accordance with the production plan.
* Ensure accurate picking and kitting of components for works orders, checking quantities and components are correct and that they are assembled and packaged to the correct specification.
* Direct hands-on involvement in the assembly of components, ensuring assembled products meet quality standards and agreed timescales.
* Conduct first and last off approval checks for quality control and in-process audits for continual achievement of quality standards. Ensure the Department operates in accordance with the Company quality control system.
* Setting and adjustment of bagging machines, hand presses, and other assembly equipment.
* Ensure all documentation and computer transactions associated with works orders is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
* Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) as appropriate and ensure staff are trained in them and produce work in-line with the standard expected.
* Maintain a high standard of housekeeping at all times, ensuring regularly clean all work areas, floors etc. Play an active part in the maintenances of 5S activities.
* Conduct Induction training for new personnel, ongoing instruction and training of staff within the department.
Experience / Knowledge:
* Previous supervisory experience
* Previous experience of working within an assembly/production department
* Ability to motivate a team and work at own initiative
* Good communication skills
* Ability to cope with changing demands
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency