|Job Ref:||204697774||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£23000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:17|
Excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Joiner to work with a leading building services company in Worcestershire.|
This is a permanent position covering Mon- Fri over 2 shifts 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm
On offer is a salary of £23,000
As a maintenance joiner or carpenter you will undertake a number of duties including
- Maintenance joinery/carpentry repairs and associated building services. All in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures and in compliance with legislation and guidance
- Represent the company in a respectful manner and professional manner.
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on Civil and associated building services in accordance with the PPM programme, KPI and personal competence and training.
- Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc breakdown requests as identified by supervisor / manager or as a minimum, as per site contract.
- Carrying out joinery installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
- Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory and Company guidelines.
- Safely operate all types of access equipment, hand and power tools in accordance with health & safety and manufacturers' guidelines.
- Ensure the correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to health & safety and infection control procedures.
- Maintain records as and when appropriate and as required, whether written or electronic.
- Willingness to assist and work flexibly with other trades/colleagues.
- Respond in a safe manner to the effects of adverse weather, e.g. snow clearing, gritting, flooding, high winds, etc.
- Undertake training where necessary to learn other skills and to maintain and develop the requirements of the service.
- Carry out risk assessments on-site as instructed by supervisor / manager.
- Collaborate and co-operate with the partners and colleagues to deliver a customer focused service.
- Carry out all building and maintenance activities and Reactive Repairs
- Assist the Mechanical & electrical trades with minor maintenance Tasks such as but not limited to: replacement of lamps, unblocking sinks and toilets, changing of nurse call handsets and any other related tasks
- To be available for planned out of hours call out, weekend working depending on production and business requirements.
- A flexible approach to working hours, areas to support service delivery and contract requirements.
- NVQ level 3 Joiner or carpenter qualification (minimum) - Essential
- Previously worked within a Healthcare maintenance environment.- Desirable
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent - Essential
- The ideal candidate will be friendly, diligent, with excellent time keeping. Possess strong practical skills and knowledge of civil & building maintenance. Experience of using and maintaining a large variety of building tools, maintenance tools and light/ heavy machinery, along with good building knowledge and skills.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety procedures is desirable and full clean Driving License is a must