|Job Ref:||204697760||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Coleshill||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:57|
Role: Assembly Department Manager |
Salary: Negotibale + Benefits
An Assembly Department Manager is required for a global supplier of injection moulding, extrusion, metal turning and metal forming equipment.
As Assembly Department you will be responsible for the efficient assembly of components and subsequent conversion and packaging into finished goods format. Bespoke added value assembly solutions, configured to specific customer requirements are an increasingly important element of the department's activity. Our Client distributes its' products across a broad customer base in many varying and demanding market sectors where quality and service are a given.
Key responsibilities will include full day to day responsibility for the supervision of the Assembly Department and associated activities and personnel. Along with the responsibility for all component stores and associated personnel you will ensure effective management of, capacity planning, labour analysis and planned work, demand levelling, associated. Duties will also include, but may not be restricted to:
- Ensuring the department operates within the controls of the company quality system.
- The introduction of standard work and standard operations within the department.
- Implementation of improvements in flow, layout, automation etc. In conjunction with the Works Director the introduction of 5S, Visual Management Systems and Standard Operations/ Standard Work
- Responsibility for ensuring direct and indirect labour overheads and other general overheads are maintained within agreed guidelines.
- Assist senior management in identifying and deliver cost down opportunities and ensure their introduction is not to the detriment of quality, service and other performance metrics.
- Identify and deliver stock reduction, cash flow, and capital employed improvement opportunities.
- In conjunction with the manufacturing team, responsible for providing sales personnel with accurate information relating to product availability and delivery dates. Also, to assist in resolving general queries.
- All aspects of health and safety (including risk assessments) within the department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Degree/HNC level education, ideally engineering related
- Intermediate competency level in Word and Excel
- IOSH or similar health and safety qualification
- Management qualification
- Proven experience of low to medium batch high variety component assembly environment
- Experience of customer bespoke assembled solutions
- Track record of meeting demanding operating deadlines and KPIs
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency