|Job Ref:||204697432||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
PM Group is a large multidiscipline consulting engineering practice with offices located throughout the Globe. PM Groups main UK headquarters is located in Birmingham. The successful candidate will play a key role in the Electrical Services Department of PM Group's UK Operations. PM Group is now looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer. This is a senior role, and the person will be responsible for all the usual day-to-day duties associated with a senior engineer, both office and site based, with clients, suppliers and with colleagues throughout the PM Group. |
The role is open to both ISP (contract) and staff position.
• Mostly a design role & to lead various projects from an electrical service
perspective and be part of a multi-discipline design team.
• A typical role of a Senior electrical engineer will involve the following
o Lighting & Emergency design using Dialux software platform
o Electrical power distribution design and cable calculations using
o Experience completing load flow spread sheets and analysis
o LV panel design and discrimination studies
o Fire alarm systems design
o Earthing systems design
o Security systems design
o Cable containment design
o Specification writing
o Site visits and surveys
o Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and
other PM Group offices
o ATEX assessments and design installations
o 11kV Medium-Voltage design. Power distribution and discrimination.
o Site surveys and dilapidation reports
o Electrical engineering particular to clean room environments
• Contractor/client interface meetings
• Attend and participate in stakeholder meetings
• Report into the Head of electrical department based in Birmingham
• Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent
and good engineering practice, being resident on a construction site as
required for construction engineering assistance.
• Ability and competence writing scope of works and specifications and
basis of design documents
• Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for
compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
• Provide support to fee and capital budget proposals as required.
• Monitor Electrical Engineering staff at junior levels, if required.
• Check other electrical engineers work for accuracy and quality and
undertake peer reviews
• Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and
other PM Group offices.
• Manage the General Electrical Building Services input to projects,
including the production of deliverables on time, and the efficient and
lean use of resources.
• Commercially aware and ability to undertake value engineering
• Preferably chartered engineer with IET or CIBSE
• Preferable of a Batchelor of engineering degree in Electrical
Engineering, or a Bachelor's degree in Building Services Engineering, at
2.1 or above (work experience considered as equivalent to degree on a
case by case basis)
• Fluency in both verbal and technical written skills in English
• Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Working Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or 3D REVIT advantageous
• Working knowledge of Amtech Cable-master
• Working Knowledge of Dialux software
• Experienced working in a highly regulated QA environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Be able to analyse data and drawings
• Strong numerical and mathematical skills
• Knowledge and experience of electrical engineering design serving the
process manufacturing industry for food and pharmaceutical
• Resident & approved to work in UK
• Ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams
• Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to
safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
• Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting
• Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
• Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in
• An aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
• Strong communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate
effectively with clients and peers at all levels.
• Quality and 'right first time' approach to design
• Technically robust and knowledgeable, willing to implement new
technologies where they are implemented to provide cost effective
solutions for our clients