|Job Ref:||204696795||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£30000 - £37000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
Primary Job Responsibilities|
As an Electrical Engineer (at all grades) you will be working on water and wastewater treatment projects as well as water distribution or sewage transfer systems.
Responsibilities likely to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out engineering functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Assisting or leading civil/electrical/mechanical project teams to complete scopes of work within agreed time frames
- Electrical lead for the design for small/medium/large projects
- Working with project engineers and other design team members in an integrated approach
- Maintaining technical quality ensuring designs meet client specification
- Ensuring project financial performance within discipline budget on projects
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the other Jacobs discipline leads on projects
- For the right applicant there will be opportunities for a wider degree of responsibilities and role within the EWW team.
Essential skills/experience required:
- Minimum of a degree or honours degree in an engineering related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Electrical Engineer within the Water or similar industry
- Chartered engineer or approaching chartership
- Demonstrable experience in leading the electrical design of medium or large projects, including ICA experience.
- Experience in the design of clean and/or dirty water treatment plant and/or conveyance systems and pumping systems
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members
- Experience of leading, or be able to demonstrate potential to do so, a successful team of engineers including technicians and design engineers and will be familiar with current industry best practice.
- You should also be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Sound technical background developed within the UK water sector
- Masters Degree in a project management or engineering related discipline
- Working knowledge of NEC Engineering and Construction Contract and Professional Services Contracts
- Experience of working with Contractor on Design and Build Projects
- Operational experience
- Flexibility in terms of travel
- Competitive salary
- Extensive paid holidays of up to 32 days inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, private health care and life assurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to join a global organisation committed developing its people and to continuous growth.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis