|Job Ref:||2016-12516||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Colorado||City:||Denver||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 05:02|
Job ID: 2016-12516
Area of Interest: Hidden (2140)
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Technical Diploma
Posted Date: 9/27/2016
Experience (Years): 0
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking an entry-level CAD TECHNICIAN for the Lakewood, Colorado location. The successful candidate will be expected to:
* Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to modify 2d and 3D data in support of various ground engineering disciplines;
* Assist senior CADD staff in the preparation of engineering plans, profiles, sections and details, for design, tender, construction and as-constructed drawing sets; and figures for proposals, reports and presentations;
* Support the following disciplines; mine planning and reclamation, stormwater controls, landfill design and remediation, power, transportation, environmental;
* Additional duties will include plotting, creating electronic submittals, preparation of hard copy drawings and figures for reports, filing, working with and organizing data. As well as assisting any and all CADD/Drafting related functions;
Network with other related professionals in Golder Associates.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Diploma, Certificate or Degree from an accredited College in CAD/Engineering Technology or equivalent.
* Basic understanding of AutoCAD or Civil 3D commands.
* Have the ability to multi-task, work with multiple people and be able to handle high stress situations and deadlines.
* Must be able to work within a team environment as well as work independently on certain projects.
* Should be able to work with drafting standards and comply with company CAD standards.
A good working knowledge of general Windows computer functions/applications such as Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
* Good problem solving and the ability to identify alternative solutions.
The preferred candidate may also possess some or all of the following skills:
* An understanding of coordinates systems and/or GPS data.
* Relevant Construction experience.
* BIM experience.
* Knowledge of other CADD/GIS software; Autodesk: Rev-It, Infraworks, Plant 3D, P&ID, Electrical, ArcGIS, Bentley Microstation.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.