Structural Design Engineer - Miami, FL|
WSP| PB, an award winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, has an opening for a Structural Design Engineer for our Miami, FL office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on a variety of challenging engineering projects, with a focus on efficient and sustainable high performance designs.
• Structural Engineering in various materials: Concrete, Steel, Masonry, etc.
• Slab and floor system design
• Lateral Analysis & Design
• Coordination with drafting and BIM department
• Coordination of drawings with other disciplines (architects, MEP engineers, contractors, etc.)
• Review of shop drawings
• Attend project meetings
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master's degree preferred.
• 2-4 years of experience designing structural systems, using structural steel and or reinforced concrete.
• Post-tension (PT) experience required.
• Reinforcement / concrete inspection experience is a plus.
• ACI or ICC certification a plus.
• Working knowledge of Revit.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• Candidates local to the Miami, FL area are preferred.
WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.