|Job Ref:||LEW-LE-16-19144||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||Auburn||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
Under minimal supervision, plans, schedules and supervises the day-to-day operations of one or more sections to meet logistics requirements in a warehouse and component repair operation. Meets requirements related to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), quality, productivity, budgets, 5S and housekeeping. Prepares employees and work groups to meet future requirements through training and employee development activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assigns operational responsibilities, work plans and schedule requirements to section supervisors to ensure that all jobs are completed in a matter that satisfies contractual compliance and policies.
• Assists manager and supervisors in troubleshooting/providing solutions to systematic issues with processes and equipment already in operation, while minimizing costs and preventing delivery delays. Strong knowledge of Contractor Freight Movement Procedures Certification (CFMP) and LMP procedures and processes and transportation management systems.
• Conducts scheduled and unscheduled audits to ensure compliance with appropriate Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP); Identifies necessary changes in the QAP and coordinates with the Quality Assurance team to develop and implement revised or new procedures.
• Executes operational strategy for all sections that encompasses TBM, WSA, Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement philosophies and concepts; leads the implementation of Lean Six Sigma initiatives.
• Promotes, encourages and leads assigned employees and departments toward continuous process and performance improvement.
• Ensures that sections have adequate resources to perform assigned tasks. Implements company policies and procedures.
• Develops and maintains a safe work environment; ensures that stringent housekeeping, 5S standards and safety procedures and practices are followed; ensures that tools/equipment meet safety requirements; conducts trend and root cause analysis and accident investigations.
• Provides input for the development of the business unit's strategic plans to ensure that budget, product cost, productivity, inventory levels, delivery performance and quality objectives/expectations and operational goals are met throughout the sections.
• Ensure optimal utilization of space allocation using warehouse management systems.
• Track productivity data and implement programs for improvement.
• Must be able to operate in an efficient/cost conscious manner; ensuring that budgeted objectives are achieved.
• Understands, interprets and promotes the bay ownership process and methodologies throughout the warehouse complex.
• Ensure all contractual metrics for inbound and outbound processing, component repairs, and inventory controls are consistently met and/or exceeded.
• Develops and maintains operational plans to include all business requirements which include labor hours, production costs, Key Performance Initiatives reporting and meeting financial objectives.
• Responsible for financial analysis of the operational expenses.
• Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer policies, procedures and regulations
• Responsible for hiring, training and performance of assigned personnel.
• Develops subordinate personnel to have the required technical skills, training and certifications necessary to perform their daily assigned job.
• Continually strives to increase the competitive edge in quality, productivity, timeliness and employee relations.
• Actively supports corporate initiative in resource sustainability.
• Self-starter with amazing verbal and written skills, to include strong interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships. Overcomes communication barriers; motivates others to act; excellent collaborative skills.
• Demonstrated record of customer intimacy and support resulting in a high degree of customer satisfaction required.
• Strong proficiency in utilizing Oracle, WMS, TMS, IETM, Fedlog, TipQA, Teamcenter, Microsoft applications, FAR and DFAR regulations.
• Associate degree in a related curriculum or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• 6-10 years work-related and supervisory experience in a fast-paced environment; strong tactical (hands-on) management/supervisory experience in the supply, maintenance. warehouse and/or supply chain field.
• Bachelor degree preferred
• Be able to obtain Corporate AMEX card for travel purposes
• Be able to obtain a US passport and visa.
• Potential for exposure to temperature extremes in performance of duties.
• Must pass company required deployment physical as necessary.
• Normal color vision
•Must be a US person
•Must be able to gain and maintain access to all military installations in which the work is performed
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.