|Job Ref:||LEW-LE-16-19204-1||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||JBLM||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
-Perform Troubleshooting of vehicle system faults, failures and deficiencies.|
• Utilize download equipment to transfer and read data to manage vehicle software configuration.
• Identify vehicle parts using IETM, Schematics, Team Center.
• Perform preventive maintenance checks and services on Stryker family of vehicles.
• Correct malfunctions and make repairs on automotive systems (power-pack) engine, transmission, cooling, fuel, exhaust, driveline and suspension.
• Use vehicle built in test equipment (BITE) common and special tools and test equipment to diagnose and repair vehicle system faults.
• Repair sub-systems and components, line replacement units (LRU's) on the stryker vehicle. Perform maintenance steps to accomplish repairs including disassembling, removing and replacing worn, damaged or defective parts, adjusting, reassembling and perform testing of repairs.
• Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in vehicle hydraulic systems.
• Complete maintenance and administrative forms
• Read and interpret troubleshooting and repair procedures and flow diagrams for vehicle systems and components.
• Utilize Microsoft office applications (word, excel, powerpoint) to generate presentations and reports.
• Maintain accountability of all assigned tools and equipment. Support routine inventories of tools and equipment.
• Participate in project planning, equipment, facilities, materials, schedule, and budget
• Support continuous process improvement initiatives.
• 2-5 years experience troubleshooting and repairing systems on tactical/combat vehicles or commercial heavy truck or heavy equipment maintenance experience.
• Experience using vehicle built in test equipment (BITE) common and special tools and test equipment to diagnose and repair vehicle system faults preferred.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Work in improved and unimproved maintenance facilities and the field environment.
• Frequent travel required for offsite projects (out of state and overseas). Project duration can range from 1 week to consecutive months.
• Must meet and maintain GDLS ASR guidelines for combat vehicle safe entry.
• Must be able to work extended hours as needed.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to gain access to military bases.
• Must be able to maintain a US passport.
• Must be able to acquire a CDL B driver's license.
• Must be able to obtain a corporate Amex card for travel.
• Must be a U.S. person
• Must be able to gain and maintain access to all military installations in which the work is performed
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.