|Job Ref:||9227||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
This job has three primary responsibilities: monitoring and improving organizational performance, resource planning and financial planning. A detailed list of responsibilities is provided below. The candidate will support an Engineering department of 60 employees responsible for designing and implementing Strategic Weapon Systems for the Ohio Replacement Program.|
Areas of responsibility:
• Department Technical Product Quality (TPQ) Rep
• Develop and maintain departments TPQ plan
• Develop, collect and analyze metrics to ensure department quality objectives are being meet and continually improved
• Work closely with engineers to ensure processes are understood, implemented and improved
• Work with management and team members to develop corrective action plan
• Conduct occasional audits
• Facilitate departments unplanned events
• Department Self-assessment
• Conduct yearly self assessments with the management team
• Develop corrective action plans
• Monitor plans and ensure they are effective
• Knowledge Management
• Department liaison with EB knowledge management team
• Work with management team to ensure mentoring is effective
• Process Resource Library oversight and training
• Earned Value Management System
• Review and analyze cost and schedule metrics to identify performance problems.
• Review and understand impact of baseline changes on performance
• Provide detailed monthly reports on performance issues
• Resource Planning
• Analyze current and future work and associated phasing to plan to ensure adequate work and resources at the department level.
• Make recommendations to management for staff levels
• Requires understanding of resource-based scheduling and planning tools.
• Set and track hiring goals
• Department overhead budgets
• Develop, submit and monitor overhead budgets
• Department website management.
• Department server management.