Our Client is urgently looking for a Site Manager on a contract basis for an immediate start, this position will be based in Southampton.|
- Takes responsibility for the, documentation & execution of works on site and manages risks to the success of the project
- Ensures that works on site are managed safely and in line with CDM expectations.
- Setup regular meetings, briefings, inductions and safety inspections to ensure works are managed and co-ordinated in line with the design and Project Managers wishes.
- Monitors timescales & resources used, by ensuring diaries and records of operatives on site are maintained and absences and omissions reported to the Project Manager.
- Escalates project issues related to deviation in scope/quality/timing/budget and dependencies with other projects and provides reporting to the project team.
- Provide input into any Change Control issues.
- Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks in any and all tasks particularly in the area of key project deliverables
- Comply at all times with Clients policies and procedures, including health & safety, conduct, security, attendance, equality of opportunity, & time recording
- Deputise for the Project Manager as required
- Represent the Project Manager full time on site, as and when projects under construction and through commissioning.
- Expected to be educated to A-level standard and ideally educated to degree level or equivalent but not essential, excellent writing/communication skills are very important in this role
- Site Management - SMSTS, CSCS card holder and or NSWA certified.
- Chartered membership of a recognised professional body.