Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||786069||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Industry:||Mining||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||Various Locations||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 21:05|
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
As a part of the new Operating Model announced in early 2016, a new Technology function is being established to provide operational and information technology services to the Company as well as lead technology innovation across the organisation.
The Analytics and Data Management team is responsible for the alignment of Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Management Platforms across BHPB globally. Reporting to the Head of Analytics and Data Management Platforms, you primary responsibility is Technical change and release management for the range of Analytics and Data Management initiatives.
You will manage and implement all change and release management across the individual projects, and co-ordinate, facilitate, communicate and monitor the progress of all managed changes through the end to end change management process.
You will be required assist with the management of effort estimations for the delivery of a software release and product enhancements and lead the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes based on request for change processes.
You will ensure that the release status (progress, issues) are effectively reported to relevant delivery teams and key internal and external stakeholders and act as primary interface with the Business Operations Readiness teams.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
You should have 10 or more years relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 5 year's experience in Mining, Petroleum or Manufacturing (or related industry), with a degree qualification in a technical or management discipline. Should be able to add value by bringing diversity of thought to our team. Your ability to negotiate an effective outcome across a broad range of stakeholders will be critical.
In addition you will require to be:
- An effective communicator with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills as well as possessing excellent analytical, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Able to convey technical information to non-technical people in a concise and clear way
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Have demonstrated experience in:
* Scheduling and maintaining a Forward Schedule of Change and Release Calendar
* Assessing risks associated ICT change and release activities
* Managing user expectations, maintaining and developing relationships and dealing with diverse groups
- Familiar with Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid Waterfall project methodologies.
- Have previously worked in teams within a matrix structure.
- Flexible work hours are required to support teams in multiple time zones and some travel may be required.
This role will be based in Perth, Brisbane, Houston or Singapore.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number - 786069
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- BHP Billiton Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.