|Job Ref:||EMP367866||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rosyth||Address:||Post Code:||KY11||Salary:||£25/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
BAE Rosyth require a contractor to manage and lead the Commissioning delivery teams. Identify and implement best practice across the PWLS Project. This is an initial 6 month contract paying £25/hr.|
Experience as a Deputy Commissioning Manager carrying out technical analyses and investigations.
Responsible for achieving the Commissioning Schedule and within budget. As part of the Aircraft Carrier Alliance the responsibility is enhanced by the increased volume of setting to work systems on the second of class largest warship built in UK. The unique requirement to manage and lead a multi company team with a Royal Navy element and a multitude of equipment subcontractors.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Play a lead role in the development of the ACA and Company Safety Culture supporting the SHE Maturity Model exemplar assessment. Have a trained awareness of High Voltage Safety.
2. Overall responsibility within the Commissioning Teams for the development and implementation of a Product Safety culture.
3. To formulate strategy to deliver the Commissioning Scope of Work to deliver the work within the allocated Budget.
4. To deliver a completed and fully signed up Test Form or associated documentation sets that provide clear evidence in support of acceptance when viewed alongside contractual acceptance events.
5. To ensure logical and effective sequencing for systems commissioning in accordance with the Commissioning Plan.
6. Act as a senior member of the Commissioning Management Team on the PWLS Project, sharing responsibility for management of the programme, to meet the agreed needs of the customer by delivering acceptable performance to the ACA.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- To manage and lead their Principal Engineers & Engineers, key suppliers and RN T&C staff to deliver the commissioning effectively to the project, to schedule & cost.
- To forecast and co-ordinate resource requirements such that appropriate resources can be made for all activities within Commissioning.
- Responsible for the development, co-ordination, agreement by all stakeholders and achievement of fully integrated Commissioning and Integration of setting to work for Prince of Wales.
- Management & Co-ordination of sub contractors in the conduct of STW, and acceptance.
- Identification, management and mitigation of function related programme and business risks and opportunities.
- Act as technical mentor, peer and PDR reviewer as required for Industrial Partner allocated Commissioning Engineers on Prince of Wales
Key Technical Skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Product Safety Engineering practice
- Have the relevant engineering experience, meeting the requirements for membership of a relevant professional institute. (Preferred)
- Strong Engineering background in relevant sector with project delivery experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of engineering practices and modern commissioning activities.
- Must have a strong personal commitment to SHE & detailed knowledge of SHIPHAZ in a support environment if required.
- Experience of working successfully within the demands of a project, including the application of project metrics EVM LCM.
- Commercial awareness including, budgetary responsibility, subcontractor engagement and risk management.
- Experience in engineering leadership/management in the defence sector or a related industry.
- Experience in Product Safety Leadership in the defence sector or a related industry.
- Experience in Control Account management, production of metrics and EVM..