|Job Ref:||EMP370611||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rosyth||Address:||Post Code:||KY11||Salary:||£27/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
BAE Systems require a contractor to manage and lead the Commissioning delivery teams. Identify and implement best practice across the PWLS Project. |
Commissioning experience in engineering leadership/management in the defence sector or a related industry
Responsible for achieving the Commissioning Schedule and within budget. As part of the Aircraft Carrier Alliance the responsibility is enhanced by the increased volume of setting to work systems on the second of class largest warship built in UK. The unique requirement to manage and lead a multi company team with a Royal Navy element and a multitude of equipment subcontractors.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
1. Play a lead role in the development of the ACA and Company Safety Culture supporting the SHE Maturity Model exemplar assessment. Have a trained awareness of High Voltage Safety.
2. Overall responsibility within the Commissioning Teams for the development and implementation of a Product Safety culture.
3. To formulate strategy and continuously develop the team and schedule to deliver the Commissioning Scope of Work within the allocated Budget and Schedule
4. To compile and deliver accurate progress reports against their area of responsibility and clearly articulate these (with sound recommendations where necessary) at regular PWLS Commissioning Reviews.
5. To lead and coordinate logical and effective sequencing for systems commissioning in accordance with the Commissioning Plan working closely with other Senior Commissioning team to deliver a complete ship integrated solution.
6. Act as a senior member of the Commissioning Management Team on the PWLS Project, sharing responsibility for management of the programme, to meet the agreed needs of the customer by delivering acceptable performance to the ACA.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
• To manage and lead their Commissioning Managers, key suppliers and RN Department Heads staff to deliver the commissioning effectively to the project, to schedule & cost.
• To forecast, co-ordinate and deliver resource requirements across the ACA, Ships Staff and OEMs to support successful delivery of PWLS Commissioning.
• Responsible for the development, co-ordination, agreement by all stakeholders and achievement of fully integrated Commissioning and Integration of setting to work for Prince of Wales.
• Management & Co-ordination of sub contractors in the conduct of STW and acceptance, including liaison with ACA PWLS Supply Chain and Commercial Dept.
• Identification, management and mitigation of function related programme and business risks and opportunities.
• Act as technical mentor, peer and PDR reviewer as required for Industrial Partner allocated Commissioning staff on Prince of Wales
Key Technical Skills
• Detailed knowledge and experience of Product Safety Engineering practice
• Have the relevant engineering experience, meeting the requirements for membership of a relevant professional institute. (Preferred)
• Strong Engineering and Project Management background in relevant sector with project delivery experience.
• Detailed knowledge and experience of engineering practices and modern commissioning activities.
• Must have a strong personal commitment to SHE & detailed knowledge of SHIPHAZ in a build/support environment as required.
• Experience of working successfully within the demands of a project, including the application, interrogation and recommendations against project metrics EVM LCM.
• Commercial & Contract awareness including, budgetary responsibility, sub-contractor engagement and risk management.
• Experience in engineering leadership/management in the defence sector or a related industry.
• Experience in Product Safety Leadership in the defence sector or a related industry.
• Experience in Control Account management, production of metrics and EVM..