|Job Ref:||1618828||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Wisconsin||City:||Marinette||Address:||Post Date:||19/10/2016 22:09|
We are a worldwide leader in saving lives and protecting property with our broad portfolio of chemical and water products as well as mechanical products for the fire protection and building products industries. Within TFPP we design, manufacture, and distribute the highest quality products with market leading features for the Commercial, Residential, Storage, HVAC/Plumbing, Food Service, Petroleum Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine and other markets. TFPP is a recognized leader in researching new technologies and developing innovative solutions for our customers. The business unit has approximately 4,500 employees with 27 manufacturing plants and 46 Distribution Branches in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, and the US. TFPP is headquartered in Lansdale, PA.|
• Perform physical property, foam quality, and fire testing on Customer Foam samples
• Produce Customer Foam reports and interface with Customer Service and Sales regarding customer questions and concerns.
• Contribute to global harmonization of testing workflow and documentation.
• Contribute to laboratory safety program as needed.
• Support colleagues in any aspect of laboratory work and collaborate globally with the international team.
• Contribute to witnessing and/or conducting live fire tests following international standard protocols.
The candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, be able to manage multiple projects and be a team player, have good problem solving skills, be able to understand and follow verbal and written work instructions, have familiarity with Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Professional education and Associate Degree as Chemical Laboratory Technician preferred
You may have multiple types of required skills for the position. List in order of importance.
•Chemistry background preferably with experience in fire fighting agents chemistry, surfactants chemistry or related
•Familiarity with analytical instrumentation in general
•Highest accuracy and stability in executing analytical work to reliably provide top quality results
•Excellent in dealing with people, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Thrives in a multi cultural team work environment, be open minded, creative, drive for success, self motivated, high learning agility
•Computer skills, Microsoft Office
•Ability to wear personal protection equipment and to lift weights up to 30 lb
•No fear of fire