Leads the global deployment of the JCMS (Johnson Controls Manufacturing System) in the Tyco manufacturing facilities. Champion six sigma, lean & operational excellence initiative’s within the Business worldwide. Must have experience & understanding of all facets of the operations of a global manufacturing business including manufacturing, finance, engineering, design. Must have a successful track record of leveraging operational excellence tools to drive improvements across these various functions. |
This person ensures successful deployment and use of the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System by developing people and driving process improvements to reach benchmark KPI levels in the different functional areas, ensuring maturity model assessment and coaching to foster the mindsets and behaviors required to become the most operationally capable company
Individual will drive key initiatives to improve cost, quality, delivery and simplification across the various business units through JCMS utilizing six sigma and lean tools and concepts. Individual will serve as the lead strategic change agent to drive JCMS culture across the organization. This individual will also interface with Corporate and other segment’s OPEX teams to leverage best practices and resources.
This position can be located in any major JCI/Tyco manufacturing location
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- JCMS Roadmaps for all plants are in place and progressing to target with training of teams made available to support.
- Accountable for Annual CI Targets that support Annual Cost Savings Targets. Ensuring project pools are sufficient and closing monthly to build savings throughout the year and to carry-over to the next year.
- Monitor performance metrics globally and locally to ensure targets are met YOY on Quality, Cost and Efficiency.
- Acts as a leading authority reviewing, approving, and overseeing programs to ensure a successful certification program.
- Drive and manage Six Sigma and Lean programs & training.
- Drive and facilitate sustainable Six Sigma culture
- Identify opportunities & drive performance improvement efforts working with Supply Chain & Process Excellence leaders.
- Identify & engage talented candidates to become certified Continuous Improvement (CI) Professionals
- Mentor and support CI Professionals through complex projects and problem solving.
- Manage Process Excellence Reporting activities & develop annual budgets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business. Master’s Degree is a plus. Must be a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and Lean Expert. (Master Black Belt Preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of progressive manufacturing management experience with minimum 5 years experience managing Process Excellence improvement activities.
- Experience developing strategy on large, complex transformation initiatives that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions throughout value streams to meet business objectives.
- Global or significant business responsibility as a functional support responsibility (strategic and tactical).
- Experience in managing both traditional DMAIC and Transactional Six Sigma projects, and Lean implementations.
- Demonstrated performance as a leader & a change agent with a strong record of accomplishment in leading major projects.
- Must possess the ability to facilitate working groups and training sessions with strong presentation and training skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid project management experience and ability to work with all levels within the organization. Strong personal leadership skills.
- In addition to strong functional/technical skills, individual should have the ability to quickly establish trust and rapport with Process Excellence groups and operating teams across businesses and communicate across a wide range of cultures.
- Ability and experience reporting and communicating to Sr. Executives.
- Willing to travel up to 75%.