Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining. We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients' industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, an Employee Referral Bonus program, employee discounts, and much more - and your benefits start the same day you do. Come join our team!
AECOM is seeking a Process Equipment Engineer to perform field service at a single pharmaceutical site in Groton, CT! Typical work hours are 7:00am - 3:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This position works under the guidance of the AECOM Program Manager. With assistance from our client, the Process Equipment Engineer draws on his/her education, judgment, and skills to provide analysis and solutions to support maintenance and repair of process equipment in regulated and non-regulated areas as needed, as well as the training of operators on the process equipment to enhance performance and reliability.
This position may perform preventive maintenance, setup, troubleshooting, repairs and modifications of manufacturing process equipment including associated computerized control systems and supporting equipment. Specific equipment includes but is not limited to tablet presses, capsule fillers, roller-compactors, sorters, blenders, and coaters.
The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of automation equipment and basic knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Direct activities and support supervision of contracted resources.
- Perform diagnostics of automation systems.
- Provide support and troubleshooting on a wide range of process, facility and utility automation systems.
- Identify and manage high value cost and time savings.
- Participate in new processes to improve efficiency and cost savings.
- Participate in continuous improvement program to maintain instrument support within a given budget.
- Identify problems and inefficiencies in processes and methods, with proposed solutions.
- Maintain accurate and complete records supporting GxP operations.
- Read blueprints, P&IDs and technical documents related to operations/facilities.
- Efficiently use CMMS to request and direct work flows.
- Prioritize, plan, provide for minor and major repair efforts.
- Make effective use of PdM, PM and predictive maintenance techniques.
- Provide data to assist with forecasting budgets, training needs, capital purchases and staffing needs.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude while seeking opportunities for cost savings both inside and outside of the immediate team.
- Maintain GMP compliance for all assigned work.
- Develop and follow SOPs on maintenance and repair of process equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- Assist in the execution of IQ/OQ/PQ protocols.
- Provide the Customer Relations Manager with recommended work priorities for CMMS generated work requests.
- Participate in planning sessions with the customer, maintenance manager, planners, schedulers, and technicians.
- Support system owners in performing reliability assessment, efficiency improvements, and strategic planning.
- Participate in "Management of Change" process for equipment modifications.
- Perform corrective action for abnormal events or system failures including issuance of incident reports.
- Maintain CMMS database for assigned assets and optimize spare and replacement parts inventories and purchase.
- Order parts and schedule vendor support.
- Comply with and enforce AECOM and company policies and safety practices, procedures and guidelines such as job hazard analysis, lockout/tagout, and the use of PPE.
- Operate various measuring, diagnostic and testing tools, instruments and software to perform troubleshooting, work completion and to provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Maintain a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment and meet expected client service levels as established by the Company
- Be flexible in the day-to-day activities and shift scheduling for the benefit of the customer's mission.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Respond to emergency calls (by phone or in person) during off-hours and determine resources needed to mitigate problem (AECOM or subcontractor)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the AECOM Program Manager.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing maintenance and repair on manufacturing process equipment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation maintenance and/or calibrations.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience performing maintenance and calibrations on process instrumentation.
- Experience troubleshooting, programming, or working with DeltaV, Foxboro, Allen Bradley, OSI PI, and/or OPC interface.
- Experience with direct repair and/or maintenance of automation systems.
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Understanding and alignment of recordable metrics to customer needs for Financial Management
- Experience with GxP compliance in pharmaceutical environment.
- Specific knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing compression practices and hands on experience in the operation, setup, repair and modification of tablet presses such as Kilian & Korsch.
- Specific knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing encapsulation practices and hands on experience in the operation, setup, repair and modification of capsule filler machines such as Macofar & Bonapace.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.