Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
- This candidate will support the Project Director in overseeing project design integrity, implementation of a rigorous design approach and design management methods to international best practice standards within the architecture team.
- The role will also involve taking responsibility for integration of remaining design with the ongoing base build construction to deliver design excellence based on the project design brief and client required standards.
- Review of design documentation, produced internally and externally, management of external consultants
- Lead and manage the site based architectural review team peer reviewing the D&B contractor's architectural submittals .
- Lead and manage the site based design management unit managing the coordination of final designs by external consultants with the ongoing base build.
- Attend and lead client briefings and present project stages and work to the client throughout the project;
- Undertake any site design and review as required by the client and within the associated budget parameters
- Work closely with the client, consultants, main contractor and stakeholders to deliver high quality products in a timely manner.
- Attend briefings with the client to review project plans, and resolve any conflicts in design or parameters of the work.
- Ensure accuracy of work in accordance with project scope within project parameters and client.
- Implement and use AECOM's QA | QC system within all project work
- Liaise with the AECOM team on a global scale with regard to delivering bespoke support from centres of excellence
- Mentor, challenge and grow staff to create a high level of creativity and enthusiasm
- Delegate aspects of projects to team members and oversee their delivery in a timely and accurate manner with agreed quality standards.
- Report regularly on project progress and proposed projects to the Management team.
- Have a very good understanding of multi-disciplined design management/ co-ordination - including thorough understanding of fast track design/ construction processes
- Have a strong design capability and clear understanding of design and implementing a design ethos.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- With minimum 20 years post-graduation of Architecture degree from an internationally recognized university, with most recent experience in a similar role. Project experience will show design and delivery management of large schemes, with successful track record of project completion
- Superb conceptual, design talent, and communication abilities or has a proven construction experience of medium and large scale projects.
- Strong skills in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Rhino, 3D Max, Sketch Up, InDesign, Microsoft office and other software related to building implements design.
Candidates should hold a relative recognized professional membership.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.