Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We offer extensive global experience in upstream, midstream, downstream, marketing and distribution, and alternative energy segments serving the entire lifecycle of oil and gas company assets. Our expertise in providing the full range of mission-critical services is sought after by private-sector and national/state-owned oil and gas companies.
AECOM is seeking a Project Controls Supervisor to be based in our Calgary, Alberta location. This position is expression of interest in anticipation of upcoming work.
This position will report to the Operations Manager and leads the Project Controls functions and support Regional operations' key staff. Responsible for the development of all reports set forth in the client business requirements as well as indicated in the internal corporate reporting procedures. Provide daily direction to the Project Controls team members as well as mentor and train team members on the Project Controls Process/Procedures. Interface and provide ongoing support to the Construction team and/or Clients.
May include the following responsibilities:
- Supervises the Project Control team in effort to maintain schedules, cost controls, forecasting and in all level reporting.
- Conduct annual Performance Management process for all project controls team members assigned to the project.
- Coach, monitor, assist, and assign tasks to project controls team as well as provide support to Project Controls Maintains and organizes engineering documentation on an enterprise content management system which includes identification and generation of reports.
- Leads throughout the division. Review outstanding tasks with team members and update priority list and/or projects and/or clients with any changes.
- Conduct review sessions on project status with project management and/or client and highlight adverse schedule and cost variances for corrective actions
- Lead in the development of all reports set forth in the client business requirements as well as indicated in the corporate reporting procedures.
- Ensure that all Project Controls activities are in accordance with set Project Procedures and Job Instructions. Includes preparation of schedules, cost reports, cash flow and variance analysis.
- Oversee and administer the Change Management process to ensure conformance to contractual and internal requirements.
- Review, approve and submit Trend logs to the Client
- Review detailed forecasting of all indirect and equipment costs.
- Review forecast hours at completion by discipline.
- Review weekly coordination of data. (Cost/Schedule/Trends/Progress)
- Ensure that all Project Controls activities are in accordance with set Project Procedures and Job Instructions. Includes preparation of schedules, cost reports, cash flow and variance analysis
- Develop and maintain project controls plan and procedures outlining methodologies and responsibilities while ensuring alignment with Project Controls functions' process and procedures.
- Review and provide feedback on miscellaneous project reports.
- Provide construction with forward looking mitigation plans and data
- Verify integrity of Earned Value Management System.
- Prepare and/or review contract change notices.
- Coordinate with and respond to queries from internal and external clients
- Attend team meetings to provide assistance in resolving issues review progress reports and ensure assignment of new tasks.
- Analyze and provide input to technical and performance criteria on Project Controls systems to Business Information Systems
- Provide recommendations and guidance to other Functional groups with regards to processes, monitoring and system requirements.
- Provide input for business operations reports.
- Review and approve team members' timesheets and submit to administration. Ensuring that the appropriate overtime approvals have been complete for upcoming overtime, these approvals are to be submitted with the corresponding timesheets.
- Complete and submit any monthly summaries to the appropriate departments. (e.g. P-card summaries, expense reports, etc.)
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned not otherwise captured in this position description.
This position will be required to drive a vehicle on behalf of AECOM and therefore will require the candidate to submit a satisfactory driver's abstract for review.
- Minimum of College diploma/certificate required.
- Minimum of 7 years industrial construction project controls experience required
- Minimum of 4 years supervising and managing the project controls function on a medium size project
- Specific industrial Fabrication & Modularization experience is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), JD Edwards, Primavera 6, Prism
- 1:1 years of experience ratio may be considered in lieu of formal education, 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience will also be required to qualify.
- Minimum of 2 years supervising and managing the project controls function on multiple projects
- AACEI certification preferred
- Certified Associate Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- MBA would be an asset
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.