|Job Ref:||143438BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Kennedy Space Center||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:43|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Analyze HVAC, lighting systems, mechanical, and facility envelope systems design/operation and prepare ASHARE energy audits providing recommendations for cost effective efficiency improvements. Perform a variety of other engineering assignments in planning and overseeing design, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a member of a design, analysis or review team on more complex assignments or as a lead on less complex assignments.
1. Conduct ASHARE Level I and II energy audits and provide recommendations for cost effective efficiency improvements.
2. Produce technical feasibility studies including project cost estimates, annual energy/cost savings calculations, and life cycle cost analysis..
3. Prepare energy modeling of facilities using software such as Trane TRACE 700, Carrier HAP, eQuest, or Energy Plus.
4. Knowledge of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 and other relevant energy codes.
5. Perform a range of design development, analysis or review tasks under minimal supervision.
6. Generate complete design specifications of more complex projects.
7. Support Shop technicians and operators as needed for assigned systems. Troubleshoot and provide technical expertise for technical anomalies as they arise.
8. Provide input to and actively participate in applicable System Health and Readiness Program (SHARP) teams.
9. Coordinate and work closely with requester, other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
10. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
11. Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from concept to final design and commissioning activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
12. Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
13. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
14. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
15. May support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
16. Coordinate and communicate effectively with Design Engineers, System Engineers, or shop personnel by written or verbal means.
17. Act as a lead on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of a design or section of an analysis or design review.
18. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Engineering, or related scientific field and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems, integrated software application programs, HVAC facility systems, compressed air systems, mechanical, facility envelope systems and ASHRAE energy audit procedures.
Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. U.S. citizenship required for unescorted access to assigned work area(s). Must be able to successfully pass a National Agency Check w/Inquiries.
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE.
HVAC facility systems, compressed air systems, mechanical, facility envelope systems and ASHARE energy audit procedures required. Previous or current use of energy modeling software such as Trane TRACE 700, Carrier HAP, eQuest, or Energy Plus. Knowledge of ASHRAE Standard 90.1 and other relevant energy codes.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.