Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining. We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients' industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, an Employee Referral Bonus program, employee discounts, and much more - and your benefits start the same day you do. Come join our team!
AECOM is seeking an Area Manager to be based in Corinth, MS! Typical schedule is 1st shift; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Area Manager reports to the AECOM Assistant Director of Operations and is responsible for providing production / process management services to multiple customer sites located in Dyersburg, TN; Corinth, MS; and Booneville, MS.
This position interacts with AECOM operations support offices, vendors, subcontractors, and customer representatives as required, and will develop close working relationships with various business leaders/stakeholders throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include managing shift supervisors, planning and scheduling coordinators, and 50 maintenance technicians; preserving the safety and well-being of employees, company property, and customer assets. In addition, the Area Manager is responsible for budget management, customer relationships and key performance indicators.
Just 1.5 hours from Memphis in the northern hills region of Mississippi, Corinth offers a landscape rich in outdoor activities, history, and culture. From fishing on the Tennessee River and boating at Pickwick, Bay Springs, and Sardis Lakes, to the Civil War Interpretive Center and nearby Shiloh National Military Park, to leisurely excursions to the Biedenharn Coca Cola Museum, Elvis Presley's birthplace in Tupelo, and fabulous restaurants in Oxford - Corinth is at the center of it all!
- Travels as necessary to ensure consistent delivery on existing work and to assess new opportunities.
- Meets with clients, walk-down project sites and meets with operations leads and safety representatives, including subcontractors and their leadership, to discuss performance.
- Works with key client management to ensure exemplary daily operations support.
- Manages all aspects of the contract with the client.
- Oversees budgets and manages expenditures.
- Maximizes full use of company's resources. Clearly understands the roles, responsibilities, authority, and accountabilities of senior team members. Delegates effectively.
- Ensures establishment of comprehensive site ES&H and Crisis Management Plans. Ensures that the Plans are aggressively monitored and requirements are enforced.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills (e.g., conflict resolution, team builder).
- Communicates expectations and results effectively through verbal and written means to clients, staff, and subcontractors.
- Complies with all AECOM policies and initiatives.
For more information -
- Visit Mississippi - NA
- Mississippi Parks and Recreation - NA
- Chamber of Commerce - NA
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Facilities, Construction Management, Engineering or a technical degree related to Industrial Maintenance, or demonstrated equivalent combination education and experience as a technician in HVAC, industrial electrical or mechanical systems, production system electronics, or a related skilled trade.
- In addition to education, 6 years of professional experience managing a multi-skilled technical workforce, supervisors, and/or subcontractors in a technical capacity.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Experience managing engineering, subcontracting, or maintenance managers.
- Experience managing maintenance Planning/Scheduling functions.
- Extensive experience in establishing and enforcing contractual obligations with clients.
- Demonstrated experience Utilizing P&L reporting with experience in managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Experience managing preventive and predictive maintenance programs for facility or production equipment.
- Extensive experience using continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 4M's, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience in creating presentations and speak to specific audiences.
- Experience utilizing performance metrics to identify gaps and create goals to maximize maintenance performance (ie. calculate OEE, mean time to repair, Pareto, 4-UP, etc).
- Extensive experience establishing, utilizing, and enforcing an EH&S Safety Program.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.