Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining. We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients' industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, an Employee Referral Bonus program, employee discounts, and much more - and your benefits start the same day you do. Come join our team!
AECOM is seeking an Operations Manager in Corinth, MS! Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Operations Manager is fully responsible for the overall operation of the facility and production maintenance infrastructure. Manages the operation and completes tasks to the satisfaction of the client, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements. Plans, coordinates and supervises activities and distributes workload to maintain productivity and quality objectives. Interfaces with the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
In addition, this position is responsible for all basic management responsibilities including, but not limited to: staffing and development, evaluation and recognition, leadership, and employee relations. Researches and formulates related policies and procedures to ensure all associated administrative procedures are current and audit ready. Coordinates and monitors the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
The Operations Manager ensures the safety and well-being of employees, safeguards company funds and property, and generally represents AECOM in the field with respect to the client.
Just 1.5 hours from Memphis in the northern hills region of Mississippi, Corinth offers a landscape rich in outdoor activities, history, and culture. From fishing on the Tennessee River and boating at Pickwick, Bay Springs, and Sardis Lakes, to the Civil War Interpretive Center and nearby Shiloh National Military Park, to leisurely excursions to the Biedenharn Coca Cola Museum, Elvis Presley's birthplace in Tupelo, and fabulous restaurants in Oxford - Corinth is at the center of it all!
- Oversees day-to-day production maintenance operations and maintenance of client's buildings, facilities and equipment focusing on keeping all equipment in an operating and functional condition by directing a workforce consisting of technical and non-technical employees.
- Influences, develops and controls budget, costs, staff and vendors by planning, scheduling, implementing processes and drafting procedures.
- Utilizes strong organizational and problem solving skills and creative thinking to introduce and manage change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions; e.g., employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime.
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communications to understand the needs and concerns of employees; communicate employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; properly manage employee personal information.
- Identify and maintain accountability for company assets within assigned area and ensure employees understand their obligation to protect company assets.
- Demonstrates leadership by example and shows integrity and candor in all actions.
- Works proactively to identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyzes these issues using appropriate resources, and develops and implements optimum alternatives.
- Develop and recommend long-range goals and short-range objectives as well as plans and practices to produce optimum results. Direct day-to-day operations to attain established goals and objectives. Monitor performance against approved plans.
- Clearly understands AECOM scope of work and contract requirements for the area of responsibility.
- Supports AECOM management as the designated AECOM agent for all discussions and negotiations with customers.
- Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
For more information -
- Visit Mississippi - NA
- Mississippi Parks and Recreation - NA
- Chamber of Commerce - NA
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four years in progressively responsible facilities operations and maintenance activities, AND
- Two years in supervisory or senior technical roles involved in Facilities Management or Industrial Operations and Maintenance (O&M). Industry experience must be in a manufacturing, large commercial, or logistics distribution environment.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Two years of experience in a leadership position demonstrating the ability to analyze Facility Maintenance related problems (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Grounds); then recognize and determine solutions (engineered or otherwise) for resolution. This includes but is not limited to; opportunities for improved asset reliability, improved quality results, safer work conditions, and lower maintenance cost, improved work plans to increase efficiency.
- Experience in creating Power Point presentation and giving presentation in front of large audiences
- Experience creating metrics and data mining for driving performance results
- Experience utilizing Continuous Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 4 M's, etc.
- General working knowledge of all facility related equipment & systems in a logistics type facility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel and Access
- Experience utilizing a CMMS, preferably SAP and Maximo.
- Experience managing a multi-skilled work force to deliver positive results.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.