Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Transportation Division of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Transportation Operations Center Manager for immediate employment in the Northern Virginia, VA office. This position will be a direct report to the Program Manager. Collaboration with mid and high level management staff for cohesive and efficient statewide operations. This position is contingent upon award of contract.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as the primary point of contact, on-site, for the client agency
- Responsible for the organizational management and direct supervision of the TOC operations staff, facilitating a cohesive and balanced operation
- Review applicant resumes, conduct interviews, and recommend for hire/advancement
- Administrative functions, including: invoice processing, shift scheduling, liaising with corporate management, staff recruitment, training, payroll processing, personnel performance reviews, and conflict resolution
- Providing overall direction to the Control Room Operations Department and ensuring that all mission critical logistics, manning, and equipment is provided and maintained
- Develop and maintain routine personnel performance assessments
- Maintain 24/7 awareness of the control room's equipment status, coordinating service failures with field maintenance and information technology staff to ensure maximum system availability
- Coordination with Safety Service Patrol (SSP) Manager on activities and necessary actions
- Oversee the SSP program for adherence to approved policies, procedures and safe operational practices
- Coordinate with client on citizen issues related to complaints, inquiries, and public information requests
- Share (or assume) responsibilities with (for) the client for TOC public relations activities such as: TOC public outreach efforts, facility tours, presentations, and Traffic Incident Management (TIM) team meetings
- Routinely report to client and company stakeholders on the operation's efficiency and effectiveness in providing regional traffic management, traveler information, incident management, traffic signal operations, and active vehicle detection systems
- Prepare regular reports on the performance of the system based on pre-determined measures of effectiveness
- Assist in maintaining sounds freeway operations by: guiding essential control room operation decisions, developing special event response plans, participating in post-incident analysis exercises, and by ensuring that staff resources are being tasked in an impactful manner
- Responsible for the comprehensive training and auditing of the operations staff
- Effect Control Room staff meetings, as required
- Participate in meetings, seminars, conferences, and committees as appropriate and assigned by the client
- Write and maintain technical documents, including but not limited to: the TOC Operations Manual/Standard Operations Procedures, training programs, and TOC website content
- Serve, eventually, as a subject matter expert for the client and corporation on TOC control room operations, freeway incident management, operations statistical analysis, and field maintenance practices
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in Business Administration, Civil Engineering, related transportation field, or directly relative experience in a TOC environment
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role; in a transportation, public safety, or commercial operations environment
- General knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and traffic engineering principles and standards
- Skilled in the use of Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) applications
- Skilled in report writing, technical writing, management team presentations, spreadsheet analysis, and interoffice communication
- Ability to be calm and effective under pressure and in a variety of work conditions
- Ability to coordinate real time activities and initiate immediate priorities, for self and support staff
- Ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules and be on-call 24 hours/day
- Skilled in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Radio and phone communications experience
- Geographic familiarity with regional arterial and interstate road network
- Due to the nature of this work, qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Ability to be on-site during periods of civil disaster
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.