Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining. We provide facilities maintenance and management services for our clients' industrial, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and commercial sites worldwide. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, a 401k plan with company match, an Employee Referral Bonus program, employee discounts, and much more - and your benefits start the same day you do. Come join our team!
AECOM is seeking a 2nd shift General Maintenance Technician III in Waco, TX! Typical work schedule is 3:00pm - 11:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
The General Maintenance Technician III is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures and systems in an industrial, large commercial, or logistics environment. Provides instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
This is a general maintenance position that may assist specialized technicians with any facility related repairs, and requires the ability to understand and work safely around 480v 3-phase electrical power circuits. Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance on facility-related systems including, but not limited to: conveyor and/or R.O. systems; overhead cranes; doors, docks and levelers; ventilation equipment; rooftop HVAC equipment; fork lift equipment; industrial batteries; pumps and motors; restroom and sewer systems; and water systems. In addition, general maintenance tasks related to wall and floor coverings; windows and window hardware; doors and door hardware; office furniture; etc. will be required.
The General Maintenance Technician III will document and input all data on PMs and repairs into a CMMS.
- Performs industrial and commercial lighting system repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs conveyor systems, R/O systems and overhead cranes.
- Troubleshoots and repairs dock locks and levelers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pumps, piping, seals and valves.
- Troubleshoots and repairs fork lift equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs industrial batteries.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, including VAV and AHU systems.
- Inspects and repairs roofing systems and materials.
- Performs office furniture, window, door and hardware repairs. Repairs floor and wall coverings.
- Assembles and installs shelving and cabinets.
- Maintains and repairs facility structures, walk ways, and road ways.
- Safely operates fork lift equipment, hoists and cranes.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in a lift at heights of 40 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or related program.
- Experience repairing industrial/commercial lighting and controls.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working safely with 480v 3 phase electrical components.
- Basic understanding of PLC's and ladder logic.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing facility mechanical systems such as HVAC, conveyors, and R.O. systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing machinery and equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, steam components up to 100 psi, cranes and hoists, systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
- Experience performing work on overhead doors and service doors.
- Experience with maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience safely operating forklifts and/or aerial lifts.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.