|Job Ref:||143703BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||Qatar||City:||Doha||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:35|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortunemagazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
AECOM is currently seeking an Senior Architect to work on a 7 star Hotel which forms part of a large mixed use project. The role is based in Qatar.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conducts preliminary field surveys; develops designs and drafts preliminary plans for buildings and facilities.
• Prepares maps, sketches, working drawings and construction plans;
• Prepares cost estimates, specifications and bid proposals for contracts.
• Participates in the presentation of plans to governing and permitting authorities for land use, zoning and permit approvals.
• Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
• Inspects and supervises the inspection of construction projects while in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans and specifications;
• Advises contractors on the interpretation of plans and specifications;
• Approves minor design changes in the course of construction; reviews contractors' requests for payment.
• Conducts research and special studies pertaining to buildings and facilities development and maintenance; prepares reports and recommendations for the review of a superior.
• Provides technical advice to administrative superiors in the development and negotiation of plans and specifications for building and facilities construction.
• � Carry assignments to completion with considerable independence in accordance with project objectives, professional standards, and policies and procedures.
• Prepares materials, writes construction specifications, and prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
• Extracts engineering and estimating information from drawings.
• Prepares and issues drawing packages after approvals.
• Makes quantity take-offs for construction estimates.
• May supervise subordinate personnel in preparing plans, specifications and preliminary construction layouts and cost estimates
Bachelor degree in architecture is required.
A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience on residential and mixed use projects, with a strong focus on facades, and implementation of acoustic specifications both mechanical and electrical
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.