|Job Ref:||018440||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||Saudi Arabia||City:||Bryanston East||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 00:06|
Role Profile: Sales Account Executive
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd and is one of the top three storage vendors in the world. Our customers include more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100 companies in various sectors including Banking and Finance, Education, Government and Healthcare. We have sales in more than 100 countries and regions. Hitachi Data Systems employs more than 4,100 employees.
The HDS Vision is clear and compelling, Data drives our world and information is the new currency. Send it. Receive it. Use it. Information has become our most valuable asset. The challenge for global businesses lies in making it both available and secure. We don't just sell storage we provide customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Our solutions have the power to enhance and change lives.
How is HDS different? HDS offers best in class information technologies that reduce IT costs and increase agility. HDS is the leader in storage virtualization and in the only company to offer a common virtualized platform for all data and information. As a result our customers can reduce operational costs, increase storage asset utilization and efficiency, increase the speed and agility of IT to support and grow the business and leverage existing investments longer for improved return on investment.
HDS solutions help organizations transform raw data into valuable information by delivering on a vision that IT must be Virtualised, Automated, Cloud-ready, Sustainable.
Virtualisation : HDS delivers the best storage and information infrastructure to create and support virtualized IT environments.
Automation : HDS enables your business to deliver new applications and business systems to deliver new applications and business systems into production faster and with less cost through automating time-consuming operations.
Cloud-readiness : HDS solutions are built to enable you to adopt or evolve to cloud computing models or IT-as-a-service at your own pace with minimal risk.
Sustainability : HDS is a recognized innovator in building sustainable facilities and products.
Do you want to make an impact in a continually evolving company? Are you passionate about helping customers improve their businesses? Do you want to develop your career? Then consider a career in HDS.
Role Title: Sales Account Executive
Reporting to: Sales Director
Direct Reports: None
Business development and account retention position, responsible for acquiring new assigned non-HDS accounts in South Africa, and growing existing HDS accounts. Works to attain milestone goals by progressing sales of all HDS products and services to assigned accounts. Uses market solution knowledge and expertise to identify and develop valuable business solutions that leverage HDS' products and solution sets. Orchestrates internal HDS resources such as Pre-Sales SE's, Partner Account Managers, Professional Services, and sales management to maximise HDS opportunity with accounts. Develops strong relationships with key buyers and decision makers in accounts. Solve our client's business challenges leveraging HDS solutions.
• Will be responsible for assigned accounts in South Africa. These will be a mixture of 'legacy' and new accounts.
• Co-operate with assigned HDS Partners in the region.
• Targeted to achieve all allocated objectives associated with the HDS sales plan currently applicable.
• Carries overall quota and is fully responsible for quota and sales objectives within the accounts.
• Main point of contact for the accounts, owning the overall relationship.
• Develops, coordinates and manages all account and team activities within the account. Consisting of sales/pre-sales, support and technical resources. Identifies and brings in any additional resource required to support the strategic objectives of both the account and Hitachi Data Systems.
• Responsible for overall business development, programs, alliances and other business activity relative to Hitachi Data Systems goals in the account.
• Develops and maintains a master account plan and identifies, documents and communicates the global plan for the account.
• Tracks Hitachi Data Systems portion of total IT spend in the account.
• Implements Global agreements with the account, taking into account local terms, conditions and practices for all locations.
• Controls all forecasting and pipeline management for the allocated accounts.
• Plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-year focus. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice of the Opportunity Planning Process.
• Must maintain detailed knowledge of Hitachi Data Systems software and hardware products, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and have in-depth understanding of the customer's application strategy. Ability to help customer make future application decisions.
• Comply with all published Hitachi Data Systems policy guidelines.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• P ossesses proven, professional new business account management skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience. This will include the ability to overcome obstacles in order to gain agreement and work both externally and internally to ensure agreements are reached which are satisfactory to all concerned.
• Ability to 'cold call' to open new Accounts to grow existing footprint.
• A strong track record of sales achievement within the new business or account management environment. Appropriate candidates will possess a good solution selling track record.
• A successful track record of negotiating high value orders with a recognised supplier within the I.T. industry or proven experience within HDS in a relevant sales/marketing support or Systems Engineer role.
• Demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan. Appropriate experience would include being fully conversant with key financial ratios, business indicators and financial trends.
• Possesses good business knowledge pertaining to vertical market alignment.
• A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
• A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. In addition, the candidate will also be expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues that no opportunities are lost.
• Although personally successful will value the team and the advantages it brings.
• Has the ability to work within a support infrastructure, co-ordinating and motivating these resources as required.
• Possessing a personality, which will respond positively to working within the structure of HDS and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge, which HDS offers.
• Ideally, candidates will have been educated to degree level.
• Solution Selling experience
• Commits Time and Effort to Ensure Success
• Provides Proactive Assistance/Support
• Develops Technical Competence
• Educates Customers through Training
• 'Cold calling'
• Customer relationship building
• Effective communication with 'C' level Management
• Team Orientation
• Takes Personal Responsibility
• Effectively Communicates Ideas