Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Based in Lyneham, Wiltshire this full-time, permanent role holds prime responsibility for leading the delivery of the Corporate Communications effort of a military College, including public relations, visits and events management. Supported by a departmental management framework, the role also requires the senior oversight of some administration and office services requirements, ensuring that all contracted service lines are delivered to quality and time. Training on the supporting MOD systems can be provided, while experience/familiarity of operating in military environments would be an advantage.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, manage and execute the delivery of Corporate Communications and Office Support Services safely and efficiently, within given timescales to meet all contracted requirements, ensuring best practice to meet quality and compliance audits.
- Act as the lead Subject Matter Expert and Manager for all Corporate Comms, including coherent media management, internal and external communications, public relations and events utilising available resources, including:
- Liaison and briefing of Senior Management and Service authorities
- Focal point for media enquiries, both internally and externally
- Coordinate VIP visits
- Engage with and host media during official visits
- Facilitate intranet and external accurate website information
- Produce event media plans and Lines To Take for approval by Chief Staff
- Oversee the coherent and effective management and delivery of Office Services (Reprographics, Access Control and General Administration areas).
- Innovate and promote the development and optimum performance of delivery teams, taking appropriate and timely action to mitigate risk and the potential for service failure.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in full compliance with current Health and Safety Regulations and the Data Protection Act.
- Support and contribute to contract Incident management and Business Continuity.
- Undertake Line management.
- Deputise for the Operations Manager as required during operational stress or leave periods.
- Member of the Operations Management Group.
- Undertake any additional tasks as determined by the Interserve Line Management, including cover for staff either locally or regionally and leading on change to meet the emerging needs of the business and authorised Public Events
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be well-organised, precise, confident with strong communication skills readily able and willing to contribute at any level. Versatile, intuitive and professional with good judgement and absolute integrity. Pro-active and persuasive when required and responsive to changing needs and demands of the customer, while remaining calm under pressure and self motivated. Reliable and well presented, giving a positive image of Interserve company values, and:
- Management experience with good organisational and motivational skills
- Proven track record of delivering quality Corporate Communications including publication of copy to external and internal audiences
- Demonstrable experience of high-level written and verbal communications
- Proven track record of administration services with customer facing experience
- Persuasive and principled verbal and written communicator with the stature and personal qualities necessary to establish rapid credibility at all levels and develop close working relationships
- Conversant/knowledge of MOD processes, applications and systems (highly desirable)
- Flexible approach to work and ability to manage short-notice alterations to requirements and deadlines
- Proactive and perceptive approach and the ability to embrace and lead on change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and mitigate risks
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Management level knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practice (IOSH (Managing Safely) desirable)
- Good standard of education preferably to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- MOD security clearance will be required (Proof of right to work in UK essential)
Requirement to work 37½ hours per week (Mon to Fri), and flexibly to meet the needs of the business when required, including support to authorised public events.
- Local and some regional travel will be required
- Required to wear approved company work wear
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.