Hourly Rate Bands Up to £7.20 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
To provide mobile support in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages plus related catering duties including cleaning and clearing duties in and around the Bedforshire area. You will be required to work Monday to Friday 10.00am to 2.00pm for a total of 16 hours per week.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you may come into contact with.
- To prepare the dining area which may include moving and setting up furniture, setting up and moving trolleys and the cleaning and dismantling of these as required.
- To prepare the service area, hot cupboards and other equipment to enable the efficient and effective service of the meal.
- To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages as defined by Eden procedures.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, serving dishes, containers, tables, and all other catering equipment.
- To serve food according to the style and type of operation as defined by Eden procedures.
- To clean on a daily basis all catering areas and equipment to standards laid down by Eden.
- To undergo on and off the job training sessions as required by Eden's management.
- To inform the Unit Manager of any defects identified in light or heavy equipment or of premises not meeting Health and Safety and/or Food Safety Standards.
- Temporary transfer to another Catering Contract Unit within a reasonable geographical distance and with reasonable notice.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and hygienic manner as laid down by instruction issued or added to from time to time by the Eden Management in the interests of Health & Safety and the environment.
- Such other related duties as are required to ensure the dining area and kitchen is in a clean and hygienic condition and that the food service is effective and efficient.
- To wear the uniform provided in the correct manner and to arrive on duty in the work area properly attired at all times.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering establishment. This may include cash collection and banking and the cover of the role of more senior staff.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment preferably.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Full clean UK driving licence and own transport.
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own initiative.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.