Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Responsibility for the preparation and submission of tenders, under a variety of forms of procurement, typically up to £2m in value.
Working as part of a team with the objective of securing profitable future workload for the business. Utilise construction knowledge and commercial experience in conjunction with other members of the bid team to ensure competitive bids. Risk and Value management during the tender period. Preparation of budgets and cost plans.
- Appraisal of tender documents;
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors;
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team;
- Visit site to identify site specific risks;
- Contribute to the design development process and attend design team meetings;
- Preparing tender Bills of Quantities;
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries;
- Prepare budgets and cost plans;
- Adjudication and comparison of sub contractor quotations;
- Initiate technical queries and ensure design sufficiently developed to ensure accurate costings;
- Risk management throughout the tender period and preparation of the tender Risk Register;
- Value engineering throughout the design phase of design and build projects;
- Presentation of the tender to senior management at tender settlement meetings including the highlighting major commercial issues;
- Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender;
- Ensure a smooth handover of the project to the site team;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Appropriate Construction related - HND/Degree or similar (essential);
- Competent use of Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook (essential);
- Extensive experience of analytical building estimating in all sectors but to include industrial, commercial, education and health, on projects up to £2 million (essential);
- All forms of contract including traditional, partnering, design & build 2 stage tenders and frameworks (essential);
- Experience of using estimating software (desirable);
- Well developed Technical Construction Knowledge (essential);
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and other industry standards (essential);
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, experience and mentoring.
- Knowledge of BREEAM;
- Awareness of BIM;
- Cost Planning.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL for this role.
- Sound technical and commercial abilities incl. strong numerical skills;
- Risk awareness;
- Ability to work as a team member, or on own initiative;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Having a professional approach to work;
- Having a flexible attitude to people;
- Presentation skills;
- Ability to plan and organise;
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving;
- Ability to lead and develop others.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Estimator to work from our office in Castleford. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.