Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To support the implementation of the Hard Services strategy within the Industrial sector.
To source, co-ordinate and manage targeted Hard Services opportunities within this sector from project inception through to the mobilisation of the service.
To co-ordinate bid management support with the Head of Business Support and the Commercial / Estimating teams.
To support the marketing strategy for the Industrial Hard Services sector with the Head of Business Development for Industrial Hard Services and Head of Marketing.
To develop appropriate client and consultant relationships with external parties to ensure the development of a strong and appropriate pipeline aligned to agreed strategy.
To coordinate with Industrial Hard Services operational teams to support bids and for successful handover of work won.
Mobile position covering the South East & London, based from our Belverdere office .
Communication and Working Relationships:
- To support the development and implementation of a business development strategy for the Industrial Hard Services sector with focus on assisting the management of bids with a value typically between £100K-£15m pa, either single or bundled opportunities.
- To develop and manage client relationship including consultants and advisors to assist in the development of a strong forward work pipeline.
- To implement bid strategy that is aligned to the current and future Interserve business strategies.
- To design appropriate, innovative and winning operational delivery and commercial solutions that meets the specific Client objectives.
- To effectively project manage bid opportunities in their entirety including where required direct management of a wider project team and suppliers.
- To manage and control commercial aspects and the impact of these on solutions and responses and conduct sign-off meetings as appropriate.
- To secure new Hard Services works to contribute to the annual team target of £50m (in-year); equating to personal target of £15m in-year.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Directly reporting into the Proposals Manager, Industrial Hard Services.
- Liaison with the wider business development team including other business development sector teams, commercial/estimating teams, contract services.
- Lead / support in the T39 sign-off process with the appropriate representatives' in-line with the Authority process.
- To coordinate operational support and successful handover of work won with the Industrial Hard Services operational teams.
- To represent central business development interests within internal committees and initiatives as may be required from time to time.
- External liaison with client team and advisors.
- Working primarily within Industrial Hard Services team to meet specific work-to-win targets, and supporting other sector bid as may be required from time to time.
- Bid selection, preparation and submission, plus the development and presentation of T39 sign-off documents in accordance with respective Authority Levels.
What we are looking for
- SME knowledge in either hard / soft services.
- Knowledge (preferably qualified in LEAN practices)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Clients and to understand their key drivers.
- Ability to create winning proposals and solutions that are effectively presented to Clients.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing / supporting and winning Hard Services bids within this sector.
- High level of commercial acumen ensuring that the operational solution and commercial pricing are fully aligned and risks identified.
- Ability to project manage effectively a small but complex bid, identifying and coordinating the appropriate support.
- Ability to write and present effectively and persuasively.
- Excellent knowledge of the Industrial Hard Services sector and their respective drivers and requirements, existing sector relationships.
- Excellent knowledge of the operational aspects of a customer focussed Hard Services solution, preferably with experience of operational delivery.
- Clarity and persuasiveness in written and oral communication.
- Good organizational / project management skills.
- Ability to create effective / innovative solutions around client requirements.
- Works well individually and as part of team and able to motivate those around them.
- Works to high standards of quality work.
- Committed to self-development and continual improvement of skills and competencies.
- Ability to work un-supervised and to be highly motivated to succeed.
- Actively supports the wider business initiatives and goals.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.