Requisition ID: |
A. Supervision Received
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Receives technical and operational supervision from Giza-Fayoum Project Field Engineer (PFE). B. Supervision Exercised
- None. C. Contacts
- Jobsite contacts are with field engineers, superintendents and subcontractor's personnel associated with construction engineering.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the field.
- Interface with subcontractor field engineering and field personnel to resolve any design-related issues.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Welding Field Engineer is responsible for managing the site welding program. This includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain Form 167 and incorporate changes as required
- Provide corporate welding procedures
- Develop and maintain the site weld testing program
- Manage the site NDE program
- Supervise other welding engineers and maintain overall responsibility for welding quality
- Provide engineering assistance to field superintendents
- Direct assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules.
- Verification of materials, workmanship and specification/code requirements.
- Implementation of project quality control program.
- Implementation of the project safety and project environmental programs.
- Interface with home office welding engineering
- Provides technical assistance to the Mechanical/Piping Superintendent and crafts
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Initiate NCRs, FCDs, RFIs, FMRs and FSRs.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel's Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents. This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in mechanical engineering,
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above with indepthf field experience in mechanical field engineering.
- OG&C construction
- Brownfield & Greenfield construction experience
- P&ID and Isometrics
- Tie-ins (Cold taps)
- This position is based in Alexandria Egypt and applicants mustalready possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel