|Job Ref:||28666BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 01:03|
Provide warranty administration on assigned projects with warranty liability. Protect the interests of B&V and Joint Venture partners through the coordination and administration for technical and commercial warranty issues. Point of contact and administrator for assigned warranty claims. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Acknowledge receipt of the claim from the client, stating that the claim will be reviewed for validity and that the client will be informed within 48 hours as to its validity.
Populates the warranty log with all pertinent information.
Provides the initial review of the warranty claim and determines validity of assigned warranty claims and rejections, as appropriate. If rejected, advises appropriate parties and if validated, creates a work plan and sending to appropriate parties for closeout.
• Acknowledges the warranty claim and maintains the warranty log for assigned projects.
• Issues and coordinates Subcontracts, Service Agreements and Purchase Orders.
• Coordinates Warranty Claim Reports (WCR's) through specific Suppliers, PM's, Engineering support and the Chief Engineers.
• Contacts the appropriate Supplier for equipment claims and B&V Engineering for technical support, as necessary.
• If the claim is deemed to be valid, works with project Procurement Rep to coordinate any necessary service agreements or POs.
Assist client with any assistance needed for site inspections and assessment activities related to a warranty claim.
Coordinates site inspections and assessment activities related to warranty claims.
Minimum 2 years' experience with preferable experience in procurement, i.e. buyer, expediting, subcontracts and construction
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
College Degree BA (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females