|Job Ref:||204703641||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Worcester||Address:||Post Code:||WR1||Salary:||£25000 - £31000/annum + pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
This is your chance to work for a leading UK Facilities Management company with a contract in Worcester. As an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be required to work as part of a 4 man team who are responsible for carrying out reactive and planned maintenance on mechanical building services (HVAC) across a large site. |
* 2 x Permanent positions or temporary to permanents (1 x days post, 1 x Shifts)
* £25000 basic salary for days and £27000 plus 15% shift allowance for shifts (£31,050 in total)
* Normal day shifts will be Monday to Friday
* The shift position will work on a 2,2,3 pattern of a mixture of days and nights and weekends
* 42 hours per week
* Maintaining mechanical building services - pumps, pipework, ironmongery, lamps, AHU's, Air Conditioning
* Must have qualifications or significant experience in mechanical building services
Ideally the successful candidate will have worked in a maintenance environment previously such as schools, universities, hospitals, airports, commercial offices etc.
• To undertake a proactive role in carrying out maintenance, repairs and inspection of mechanical and associated building services. All in accordance with relevant standards and operational procedures and in compliance with legislation and guidance.
• Represent the company in a respectful manner and professional manner.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on mechanical and associated building services in accordance with the PPM programme and personal competence and training.
• Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc breakdown requests as identified by supervisor / manager or as a minimum, as per site contract.
• Assist in Carrying out installation work involved in minor upgrading and adaptation works.
• Assist in Carrying out systematic fault finding in a logical and safe manner on malfunctioning equipment.
• Carry out duties in accordance with safe working practices within statutory and Company guidelines.
• Safely operate all types of access equipment, hand and power tools in accordance with health & safety and manufacturers' guidelines.
• Ensure the correct use of personal protective equipment and adherence to health & safety and infection control procedures.
• Maintain records as and when appropriate and as required, whether written or electronic.
• Willingness to assist and work flexibly with other trades/colleagues.
• Ensure liaison with Wards and Departments as required, ensuring there is minimum disruption whilst carrying out work.
• Respond in a safe manner to the effects of bad weather, e.g. snow clearing, gritting, flooding, high winds, etc.
• Undertake training where necessary to learn other skills and to maintain and develop the requirements of the service.
• Carry out risk assessments on-site as instructed by supervisor / manager.
• Collaborate and co-operate with the partners and colleagues to deliver a customer focused service.
* Minimise penalty deductions by responding in a timely manner to all maintenance issues in accordance with the requirements of the Concession Agreement.
* Use initiative to make appropriate decisions, including when working out of hours.
* Diligently complete all required job cards and other work related paperwork to the required standard.
* Complete work within the allotted timeframes.
* Carry out any other identified tasks commensurate with role.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* Previously worked within a maintenance environment.
* GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent