|Job Ref:||204703743||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£28000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:21|
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Engineering Technician for one of the world's leading medical companies. The role is based in the Plymouth area, working within a permanent role offering a competitive salary.|
Reporting to the Engineering Leader, the primary responsibility of the Engineering Technician will be to undertake engineering related activities associated with the assembly manufacturing areas, although in the case of breakdown the priority will be to support production to minimise downtime and maximise output.
Provide comprehensive on-shift engineering support to Technical Associates in resolving complex equipment breakdown situations in all assembly manufacturing areas..
Participate in the training and development of Technical Associates.
Also performs activities to ensure that all budgeted manufacturing targets are achieved, this will include:
* Achieving the production schedule.
* Maintaining acceptable quality and waste levels.
* Ensuring that all activities within the manufacturing area comply with all the appropriate regulatory requirements. This includes health and safety, environmental, risk assessments, GMP, and ISO.
* Ensuring that all equipment within the area is adequately maintained to minimise downtime, and within the planned costs for repair and spares.
* Promoting a "Team" approach, supporting associate engagement and continuous improvement.
* Provides technical expertise and assistance to the Technical Associates in resolving complex machine related faults. To be the 'problem solver' on shift and provide solutions to engineering, technical and maintenance problems.
* Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety, Regulatory, and Environmental legislation, and company procedures with respect to process changes and/or equipment modification.
* Ensures that any relevant statutory legislation, quality system requirements, current quality standards and specifications, and company procedures are adhered to with respect to process changes, equipment modification and/or CI.
* Ensure all equipment is adequately maintained to the prescribed schedules and confirmed in SAP upon completion. To ensure preventative maintenance schedules are effective to reduce downtime to a minimum, but also to ensure that the process continues to operate and the product is produced to manufacturing specifications..
* Ensures all manufacturing equipment is set up and produces product according to documented procedures and validated settings.
* To maximise equipment effectiveness through 'Technical Excellence'. To support team-based activities aimed at achieving goals of minimising downtime, reducing waste and increasing Right First Time metrics.
* Work closely with Operational, Engineering and Quality Control personnel to actively pursue and promote continuous improvement.
* Work collaboratively with the Shift Leader in the development and assessment of the production team.
* To be fully conversant with the appropriate SAP modules and train others as necessary. This will include assisting the updating of all equipment BOM's, PM stores stocked items, and planned maintenance tasks for all machines within the Sharps Manufacturing Area.
* Ensure that tools, spares, set-up documentation and technical information are provided and good standards of housekeeping and good working practices are set and maintained.
* Assist training in the technology transfer from the Engineering Department to the production team. This will include the creation of training/setup manuals.
* Ensure active involvement and contribution to regular team meetings and participation in project teams as required. Maintain good communication and effective information transfer within and between shifts. Work efficiently and co-operate with the Shift Leader, Engineering and all other support groups to meet required production targets.
* Ensure a smooth shift hand-over, communicating between the incoming and outgoing shifts.
* Effectively communicate with Engineers and shift Leaders to establish priorities as appropriate.
* Responsible for carrying out any other duties deemed necessary by the Engineering Leader and within the capability of the Engineering Technician.
* Experience in a technical capacity and a thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems.
* HNC, or equivalent, in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
* Apprenticeship, City & Guilds, or equivalent, plus proven experience of a similar position in a high volume manufacturing plant.
* N.E.B.S.S or equivalent an advantage