|Job Ref:||204703880||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Bromwich||Address:||Post Code:||B71||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Benefits package||Post Date:||29/09/2016 02:53|
Supplier Development Engineer - Aerospace/Defence:|
A Supplier Quality Engineer is required to work for our leading engineering client based in the Midlands.
This role will encompass travel through the supply chain to make sure all suppliers are conforming to regulations as well as taking responsibility for ensuring the client adopts innovative solutions to make the process as efficient as it can be.
Overview of the Supplier Quality Engineer role:
Reporting into an experienced Supplier Development Manager, this role will test the skills of even the most experienced Supplier Quality Engineer where you will be using your influencing and negotiation skills on a daily basis. My client have suppliers across the UK and the globe, so willingness to travel is a must in this role.
Key skills and experience required for the Supplier Quality Engineer role:
* You will have proven experience of using FMEA, PFMEA and 8D quality techniques
* A proven lean practitioner would be a huge advantage
* Application of measurements analysis and CI tools is a must
* Able to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively throughout the whole supply chain
* Ideally trained to AS9100 auditor status
* A track record of achievement within a similar role working in a challenging engineering environment
Key responsibilities of the Supplier Development Engineer:
* Train and support suppliers of various supplier quality systems such as tools, processes such as 8D, 5Y and Fishbone
* Develop suppliers in order to improve quality performance
* Support programme metrics and performances through regular audits
* Perform regular supplier audits to manage corrective actions (CAPAs)
* Support the quality management system to ensure maximum compliance to a variety of different standards including AS9100
The role is based in the Midlands and is commutable from Walsall, Coventry, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Redditch, Wolverhampton and Cannock
Interviews are taking place now for this rare opportunity to work for a leading name in the aerospace market, so please apply with the latest copy of your CV and I will make arrangements to call you to discuss the role further.
If you are a Quality Specialist looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities within Quality and Continuous Improvement please contact Joe Lanigan Smith on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)