|Job Ref:||204704066||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£32393/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:19|
Sims Group UK Limited|
Maintenance Technician - Newport
A vacancy has arisen for a Maintenance Technician based at our Newport metal recycling facility.
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician is to maintain plant and site facilities to maximise process utilisation and contribute to technical improvements and process developments.
Key accountabilities of the Maintenance Technician include:
• Ensure that plant and infrastructure are maintained safely and to the highest possible level
• Comply with legislation and company standards
• Responsible for the repair of plant machinery and the maintenance of plant facilities, tooling and equipment
• Provide technical support to Shift Managers
• Responsible for the specification, cataloguing, sourcing, organisation and safe storage of mechanical plant and equipment
• Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
• Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Community.
Applicants must have exceptional organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. A good knowledge of health and safety is essential together with excellent interpersonal skills, integrity and confidentiality. The candidate will be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable combined with strong written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience working in a similar industry would be an advantage