|Job Ref:||204704351||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
Our client has successfully delivered engineering services, projects and solutions for nearly 100 years. Through this time they have now grown into a leading provider of engineering solutions for some of the world's largest and most respected blue-chip companies. They provide a wide scope of project services from project management, design, fabrication and installation to commissioning and ongoing maintenance services. The also deliver bespoke solutions from single discipline schemes to multi-national, multi-disciplinary projects.|
• Manage the effective delivery of projects to time and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team
• Maintain compliance with Quality within the team and on all their project activities by review and audit
• Manage the effective application of resources to projects by direction within the group and by liaison with relevant sub-contractors.
• Manage the development of staff by setting and supporting appropriate objectives and realistic development plans
• Ensure the team is properly informed and motivated by leading the communication process
• Lead the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing and applying, where appropriate, innovative technical solutions.
• Deputies for the Group Design Manager when required
• HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Chartered Membership of a professional Institution or similar body is required (or progressing towards)
Skills & Knowledge
• Technical knowledge of piping and mechanical design and associated activities, e.g. equipment specification and selection
• Knowledge of project management and design 'best practice'
• Familiarity with QA systems and auditing
• Knowledge of performance management processes for leadership, coaching and development of staff
• Ability to manage the companies sub contract design contractors both technically and commercially
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients and especially the company's internal construction groups
• Ability to influence and negotiate effectively with staff, clients and colleagues.
Job Related Experience
• Technical project management of significant mechanical design projects (up to £500K) Demonstrable experience of management of a small group of technical specialists
• Demonstrable experience of detailed engineering specialising in piping and mechanical disciplines